• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE xx

Aliyah

Hey Guys!
I'm new to this site but really need some advice.

As most of you on this site understand, the fight to get fit and lose weight is near impossible without surgery...or so it seems.

I'm in the UK and I'm only 17 years old! Going to be 18 in may, I had first went to my gp last year in March and she reffered me to uclh I got my letter from uclh around July, I have had one appointment at uclh last year on August sometime and I have got another appointment in May, my consultant is dr white.

I said I really wanted a gastric sleeve because I've struggled since I was really little with my weight and that I know no matter what, I will always struggle with my weight. I wouldn't have to worry about going out with my friends or even panic when I'm in public. I'd be able to shop where I wanted and well you know all of the health reasons!

My BMI is 59:( and I'm inbetween sizes of 28/30/32 at the height of 5'3. I'm 100% on board with this op and I'm totally ready for the huge change. I just really want peoples opinions!

Hope you're all doing well & thank you!

Aliyah xo

you should so do it. I wish at 18 I would have done something like this. I feel my weight has held me back at times. I will be 30 this year and time just goes so fast it's unreal. I am glad that I am now on this journey x

I think there is everything to gain in getting help with your relationship with food. Time is on your side, as well as the ability to bounce back after surgery and make some really positive life changes. Go for it!

Back