• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed please

Colopatiron

Please help, I am in a dilemma. My op is due on Tuesday but I've developed a cold. As I am on the milk diet I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to have some Benelyn etc(sugary syrups). But is it okay to have some Day nurse/night Nurse or Sudafed capsules/tablets? Would this effect my liver size at all? I don't want to ring the hospital in case they cancel my op. After waiting 2 years I don't think I could bear to wait another day, let alone do the milk diet again (been on for just over 2 weeks and have lost 1stone 5lb) having a real stressie over this. I so want to do the best for my liver as my surgeon has said he may have to do a sleeve if there is no room for him to do the bypass, I will be gutted if I end up with a sleeve.:cry:
Also if I had a night nurse/sudafed tablets would it show in my bloods on Tuesday

Thanks

Sue
xx

meds wont affect your diet at all but they wont operate if you have a bad cold - they cant cause of the anesthetic. If you go to admissions with a stinking cold then you will most likely be sent home. They will reschedule so dont panic but you have to be honest with them and yourself - if its too dangerous for you to have an anesthetic then you have to wait.

Thanks Caroline, it's not a bad cold, just a bit of a runny nose and a cough. I have taken some Benalyn tablets for it in the hope I will get rid of it before it blows up. I will be totally honest with the hospital on the day though as I want to live to enjoy my bypass!!,

Thanks
Sue xx

Oh no colds always come at the wrong time dont they!! Stay in wrap up warm and steam the cold away you still have a few days to nurse it, try not to stress about it or it will hinder your recovery, I hope it gies before you op date xx

well good luck whatever happens and dont worry about the sleeve thing. All surgeons say that they may have to start you off with a sleeve but in reality, 9 times out of 10 you get the bypass.

Back