• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice needed please

Birchstart

Hi everyone

Went to luton and dunstable to see Mr Whitelaw as a private on 3/4/12 and we agreed a bypass was the best option.On 11/4/12 had dietian and gp and pyscoligist and was given the op date of the 23/4/12
Started milk diet on13/4. Iwas really excited to be getting my op so quick. But having read some of the threads i am worried about the risk of regaining my wieght.I have 6 stone to lose. Its only 3 days to op am i worrying about nothing
Thank you for any advice given

I have just been bypassed by Mr Whitelaw. You will be in good hands :) Regain is upto you - play by the rules and exercise once your golden year is up and you shouldn't regain. Go back to old habits and chances are you will. Surgery is a tool, not the cure.

I have just been bypassed by Mr Whitelaw. You will be in good hands :) Regain is upto you - play by the rules and exercise once your golden year is up and you shouldn't regain. Go back to old habits and chances are you will. Surgery is a tool, not the cure.

Wow... do the L & D not suggest exercise in the first year? Do they just like you to let the whole bypass do it's own thing in year 1?
x

Even I hope to increase to doing some exercise over time! Seems strange to not encourage a bit of physical activity even in its basic form as soon as an individual feels comfortable but without over doing it.

What would you say is the best exercise to start with if not done anything for a longtime ?

They suggest exercise immediately and build it into your daily routine hun :) however, it is more critical to weight maintenance than to loss from everything I have read, hence my comment. I am walking every day, around the house as the weather has been bad, but will be going out today I reckon as its looking better. swimming etc is a no no for the first 6 weeks however.

They suggest exercise immediately and build it into your daily routine hun :) however, it is more critical to weight maintenance than to loss from everything I have read, hence my comment. I am walking every day, around the house as the weather has been bad, but will be going out today I reckon as its looking better. swimming etc is a no no for the first 6 weeks however.

Ahhhhh I was hoping to jump aboard the L & D train for a year! x

L and D are very holistic in their approach, no counting cals, no measuring or weighing, just listen to your body, get used to what full feels like. Same with exercise, start with walking, do whatever else you can after six weeks.

yes thats the way tpo go then you asre not hung up on calorie counting because it becomes an obsession. then we will be back to where we started we have all been down thsat road and its ok to start then all hell breaks loose, we look at everything, but we have to think healthy choices now and moderation thats the way forward and lots of exercise whatever you prefer or your body will allow. xx

I have to say, I like this approach too. I think we are proof that calorie counting etc does not work for many of us. For those who do, however, I fully understand why!

It is such a scary step trusting your body.

It certainly is, we have waited a good part of our lifetime for this help so we have to give it our best shot. i know this is getting off the subject but i apologise to any one reading my posts i like to type fast and it looks like i am dyslexic, i'm not i can assure you its just don't proof read til its too late. xx

lol, it's absolutely fine Chrisa :) I spent a couple of years playing secretary so got quite fast at typing relatively accurately. Having said that, typos always creep in. Its the quality of the content that counts

Back