• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help please

soohoo

i am one week and 2 days into my liver shrinking diet.i think I have done well 10 pound till Thursday to go.but I am not on the milk diet.i iam dairy intolerant.and I do know how much you can loose on milk diet,slim fast etc.i did on Cambridge.is it down to the individual on the amount you loose.how do they decide wether to do the hop.do they actually start the op and decide that they cannot get past the liver.and decide not to go any further.so then they send you home and put you back on the list.does anyone know this please soohoo

I,m just coming to the end of my pre op diet. I'm not on the milk diet. I've been on low fat low sugar. In the 2 weeks I've lost about a stone. I think everyone is different with losing. I worry my liver won't have shrunk but my op is on Monday so I'll so find out.

I'm pretty sure they start and if the livers to big they back out. Up in Aberdeen I'm pretty sure if that happens your discharged, don't even think you get a second chance.

If you've stuck to the pre op and behaved you'll be just fine. I lost 11lb, some lose 20lb. It's a lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think most folks worry about the liver not shrinking enough, my surgeon said its very rare that the liver is too large/hard so long as you follow the diet that you have been given I'm sure all will be well.

Hi Soohoo :) relax hunni I too am dairy intolerant and didn't do the milk diet, like you i was on a strict low cal diet. Its not about loosing weight, its about shrinking the liver hun and as long as your following your info to the letter you have no need to worry ;) sounds like your doing just fine to me!!! x x x x

thanks for all your replies.the organisation this has took.i have 3 daughters 4 grandchildren which I look after.everything had to be reorganised once because it was cancelled.but only by one week luckly.schools work.my hubbys work.good luck everyone on your journeys were ever you are now and take care.and strawberrycow you take care good luck and keep in touch.here we go soohoo

I,m just coming to the end of my pre op diet. I'm not on the milk diet. I've been on low fat low sugar. In the 2 weeks I've lost about a stone. I think everyone is different with losing. I worry my liver won't have shrunk but my op is on Monday so I'll so find out.

Good Luck for Monday hun, let us know how u get on xx

Good luck on Monday.

My provider didn't offer the milk diet - it was low cal/carb only and all was fine so I'm sure yours will be too xx

i am one week and 2 days into my liver shrinking diet.i think I have done well 10 pound till Thursday to go.but I am not on the milk diet.i iam dairy intolerant.and I do know how much you can loose on milk diet,slim fast etc.i did on Cambridge.is it down to the individual on the amount you loose.how do they decide wether to do the hop.do they actually start the op and decide that they cannot get past the liver.and decide not to go any further.so then they send you home and put you back on the list.does anyone know this please soohoo

Stop worrying hun as long as you followed your teams advice you will be fine :). It's not about losing lots of weight on the LSD although admittedly most people usually do but not everyone ;) The pre op is all about shrinking the liver. Good luck hun xx

I think we all have the same worry about our liver shrinking,there's no way of knowing all we can do is follow the diets we have been given.im scared stiff I'll go down to surgery on Friday and it won't be shrunk enough.x

Back