• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ADVICE NEEDED PLS

nikki f

Hi guys really really frustrated!!!! I had my pre op assessment on 3rd December after being given the go ahead by my surgeon in November. At pre op I was told surgery should be soon as pre op te were specifically asked to contact me for pre op.
However since then Every time I've rung my surgeons secretary she's fobbed me off with some excuse or another for not being able to book me in such as the surgeon had to book his annual leave ( I was waiting for a month for him to do this) now the past 2 weeks she's been saying that theyve had a wave of emergencies they have to book in 1st. I'm an emergency!!!! My knees are slowly getting worse, my blood pressure is still sky high now I'm getting depressed with this constant waiting, it's really getting me down.
I'm sick of banging my head against a brick wall and speaking to someone so unsympathetic to my plight is there anyone else I could contact to get any assistance with getting my surgery date booked???
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Xxx

Get in touch with PALS at the hospital your due to have surgery at. Tell them your situation and they can look into things for you. I'm not a 100% sure, but I think your supposed to have surgery within 6 weeks of your pre op, but don't quote me on it.

The pre op results last 6-8 weeks after that you need them to be redone
I agree with Paula ring PALS they can find out more than you will

Back