• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed please!

yorkshiregirl78

Right, as some of you know i'm currently on the pre-op liver shrinking diet of 1000 calories a day, which has been made up of slimfast shakes x4 and slimfast barsx2 which gives me my 1000 calories.
I'm really struggling with this.
I called my dietician who told me to deal with it bla bla bla but i'm so lightheaded and hungry and I feel I may be better doing a 1000kl food diet i know i will have to weigh everything etc but I don't mind that done it lots of times before, but the dietician said it is so easy to go over the 1000 and just to keep on with the slimfast. I have another 9 days of it to go and to be honest I am so struggling.
What would you do? Any advice greatly appreciated. Kez

if your dietician didnt offer to swap you onto a different one i dont know what to suggest i was only on 4 pints of milk and a bowl of jelly so to me your diet seems joyfull lol but i know that not going to help, just keep filling up on water fizzy water great for hunger pangs i found the dizzyness went after a while and by end of fisrt week i was feeling great really detoxed, im sure someone on here will have some advice, just think of why your doing it, i found pre op a very great mental preparation for my op and post op eating, i really wish you the best stick with it hun

i could only eat chicken! the first 4-5 days are awful but trust me it really does get better.

lisa xxx

Yep you need to increase yr fluids once you do that you will find the lightheadedness goes. How many days have you been on it the first 3 are usually the worst then you will suddenly get such a sebce of well being.
embrace the livershrinking diet like its your best friend not only is it leading you to your ultimate goal it is also preparing you for the liquid stage post op.
it really is yr best friend at the moment. love like youve never loved before
hc

You should feel better after the first couple of days. You should be able to have fruit and veg as well. I was on soup and shakes but could eat fruit and veg to get my 5 a day in. It dose not count to your calories.

Hi thanks guys,
Soontobethinsue....no they told me i was not allowed anything extra than what they have told me..your all right i have to stick to it and I hope i get thro this. I really thought this would be easy as I have done worse diets than this before but it is the hardest one i have ever done!!
Strange isnt it?.
Thanks hopelesscase I never thought of fizzy water filling me up great idea....
I will keep you all updated on how I'm going

Yesterday I stuck to it
Today i did the shakes and had the snacks but also had a salad sandwich so i have failed today and i feel terrible for it, but i'm off to pick myself back up and dust myself off and start all over again.
Thanks for listening x

hi I did the milk and yoghurt diet and the secret is drinking plenty of water or sugar free squash I was having between 3 and 4 litres a day and never suffered from headaches or lightheadedness. I also agree that it gets you in the right head space for post op as if you can stick to it pre op post op will be easier.

i did 1000 cals a day diet...
i ate salads and meat mainly.
my liver was top banana when it came to the op :)

.x.

Hi there, I did milk diet and first 3 days were hell. However, as I had been advised here but couldn't quite believe, I actually did feel a lot better after 3rd day. Why, I don't know. Lots of luck to you, try and keep strong x

hi im day three of my pre op milk diet im sitting here with an empty feeling in my tummy no headache or sickness feeling day 1 was dreadful! it just feels like ive had a stomach bug for a few days and i delicate at the mo! i am allowed 4pts of semi skimmed i cup of ox or bovril ans up to 2 litres of sugarfree fluids im due another pt of milk b4 bed oh what joy!! i dont know when ketosis kicks in is it after 3 days? i did the cambridge diet a couple of years ago managed nearly 2 days on the shakes and caved in by introducing a low cal evening meal so for this being my third day i feel ive done well!! ive stuck to it religiously so do try to carry it on i would kill to have a 1000 cal diet consisting of real food you are luckey (i know you do feel like it at the mo!!)lol keep your chin up each hour at a time youll do fine!!

hi I did the milk and yoghurt diet and the secret is drinking plenty of water or sugar free squash I was having between 3 and 4 litres a day and never suffered from headaches or lightheadedness. I also agree that it gets you in the right head space for post op as if you can stick to it pre op post op will be easier.

I'm with Terri on this one. It will get easier. Stick to sugar free jelly, juice and loads of water these will fill you up too. x x

Back