• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please - sleeping on side!!!

Hi all I am 9 days post op RNY and I know this might sound a not very important in the scheme of things but when did you all side sleepers start sleeping on your side again??? I am a right side sleeper and sleeping on my back in giving me back ache lol I am a bit scared to sleep on side in case I 'move' something inside and cause damage!! Any advice would be gratefully accepted! TIA:D:D:8855:

I'm 15 days post op and I still can't sleep on my favoured left side it's just too sore and uncomfortable think everybody recovers at differing rates as soon as you can get back in your comfy position do it don't think we can do any actual damage, fingers crossed things settle soon for us both Xx

I'm knackered haha but I'm definitely getting better I've got to keep reminding myself to eat I sometimes stand up and get a head rush then realise I've not eaten anything I'm tracking on my fitness pal and I'm averaging between 300-400 calories a day
How are you fairing?
Xx

Still got a bit of pain under ribs but loads better - apart from constipation!! My wounds are smashing and I am drinking loads eating not much tired like you back at work Monday Dreading the tiredness from it all ready!! Like you getting dizzy on standing as well! How you feeling about the op now? I'm still getting my head round it even with all the research and part of me wishes they had done the sleeve but hey ho RNY it is! Take care and keep the fluids up and calories down!

I struggled with sleeping on my side for a few weeks. Can't remember exactly but I do remember just waking up on my side one morning. I suspect it's different for each and every one of us though!

I was straight on my right side from out of surgery and found it the best position so can't answer this one.. I found hugging a pillow good too x

I started sleeping on my back and during sleep would naturally roll over onto my side with no discomfort I guess if you felt any discomfort you would wake up

Yes, slept on my side really from day1 after my bypasd. When I had my boobies reconstructed I had to sleep sitting up for six whole weeks. Man!

I was always a tummy sleeper but switched to side sleeping when I was really big. I'm trying to get back to sleeping on my tummy but side sleeping is ingrained.

Problem is, it hurts when my knees are together now as there is so little padding there.

Sorry, I know that's not what you asked but I am interested in seeing up other side sleepers cope with their knees!

Back