• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeping after op

ldavidson84

I had my band fitted on Wednesday and last night i was so uncomfortable sleeping.

I have always slept on my tummy and hate sleeping on my back, i get back ache really quickly.

Do you think it would be possible to sleep on my side? Im so scared to try it, i dont want to move/damage anything.

Thanks xxx

I slept on my side after a few days but I had a bypass, dont know if that makes any difference :D Might be worth having a try, just be careful XX

I too sleep on my side/tum,my back was aching for days so I propped myself on higher pillows and kind of slept leaning to one side.I had bypass but also a large hernia repair,that dragged if I tried to get on my side.This afternoon I slept on my side with my belly resting on a pillow,like when you are pregnant.Slept for three hours!Maz x

I had a pillow to my side so I could lean on that and also lay on my back at first... after 5 weeks, I can turn most ways now, but found the side pillow invaluable in the early days.

Love and hugs xxx

i have always slept on my stomach.i slept the first 3 nights on my back,after my bypass,then was fine on my stomach,but then again,i had no pain or anything,after my op,so maybe i was lucky.
tracy x

I'm struggling to sleep on my back too, wind pains shooting to my left shoulder, I know it's normal but long to sleep on my front as I always used to! Let me know Leanne how you get on. Thanx xx

I had a sleeve and slept in numerous positions just to try and get comfortable at first.

Let your body guide you and if its painfull/ uncomfortable change to a different position and if it doesn't hurt and you can sleep like that you should be fine.

I sleep on my tummy and front normally but couldn't after band, after about four days with the use of pillows I managed to be mostly on my side and last night I managed to sleep nearly like I normally do!

Please do try using a pillow and rest on it whilst on your side. I was struggling with this myself and our bev advised me to do this and even though i dont need to now i still do it as its so comfortable for me. I have been getting so much more quality sleep and rest at night its great. Thankyou bev for this invaluable tip. xxxx

I slept on my back the first 3-4 nights but then progressed to sleeping on my side and tummy quite quickly and didn't have any issues or much discomfort. Listen to your body, is what I would say, whatever works.

I slept on my side after a couple of days, using a pillow as support. The port can make things uncomfortable, but sleeping on your other side will help. Tbh I didn't sleep properly for the first few days as I was scared of hurting myself whilst asleep. I hope you had a better night last night xx

was nearly 2 weeks before i slept well! first week i was just propped by masses of cusions, then slowly id find myself rolling onto my side. I usually sleep on my front and hated lying on my back :( x

I am going on 5 days since my RNY surgery and I have always slept on my side, it was(is) the only way I could sleep. I am using a pillow for my tummy and another between my legs. The tummy pillow is great not only for sleeping but for when you cough, hold it tight against your tummy and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Back