• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice on antacid please :o(

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi guys
I need some advice.
I am in a LOT of pain and need the advice of the experienced bypassers please.
I had the pain when I woke up, it is on the left side of my chest and feels the way that indigestion does since my op and hurts through to my back.
I took my prescribed antacid this morning and it eased it a little but not a lot, so all day this pain has been with me but in the last hour or so it is getting VERY VERY VERY painful.
I have only been prescribed enough antacid to see me into the puree/soft food period and so I dont want to take more than I have been prescribed as I will run out too quickly.
What I am wondering is can I take some regular chewable antacids like Rennies or something? Is it safe?
Thanks
Steph xx

Hi Stephie, I wouldn't want to advise anyone on whether it is safe to take rennies etc on top of prescription antacids. If you are in pain then you are best getting some proper medical advice. Can you ring the ward you were discharged from? That would be your best bet. If not then off to the local GP out of hours/walk in centre I would say.

Got desperate and so phoned the ward I was on when I had the op and they said no I shouldnt take more of the prescribed antacids and nope to anything else, just try some milk.
Have had plenty of that today but am trying some more now and if that doesnt work Ill just have to suffer it until morning when I can have my prescribed stuff.
Ah well eh...could be worse I suppose.
Steph xx

Back