• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months post bypass and hiatus hernia repair

Hi all. After years of weight gain, bad polysystic ovary syndrome, poor skin and pains I was referred for a gastric sleeve at end of 2016. My op was planned for June 2017. It was cancelled due to lack of bed, a further four weeks on milk liver shrinkage diet and was back in theatre where a massive hiatus hernia was found and surgery abandoned. 4 weeks later I was given a hiatus hernia repair and surgery type amended to bypass.

At my heaviest I was 21.5 stone. I am now three months post op. I struggled with the pain at first, I’ve never felt so ill and I’d lost a huge amount of blood in theatre and was very tired and weak, so much so that my GP would not let me drive for 8 weeks and I’ve only just been allowed back to work. I’ve been climbing the walls.

I’m feeling much better and definitely feel like the right decision to have the op, something I had second thoughts about when I felt so ill.

Eating is a trial and error still with not much being consumed. I’m having hair loss but luckily my hair was thick before hand.

On the positive 12 weeks post surgery my weight is now 14.5 stone, from a size 24-26 down to 16.

My skin has improved immensely and my pcos has also improved. Now when I exercise I lose weight, something that I really struggled with before due to insulin resistance. Feel like a new woman.

I know a fair few are waiting for their dates, and wanted an update from me. Good luck to all. Definitely the right decision for me.

Best wishes all
Anita

Congrats on getting your op Anita! :) it sounds like you're doing really well with things from your weight loss. I'm sorry to hear it was so painful for you but glad that things are looking up. Do you have a goal weight set yet?

Congrats on getting your op Anita! :) it sounds like you're doing really well with things from your weight loss. I'm sorry to hear it was so painful for you but glad that things are looking up. Do you have a goal weight set yet?
Hi. Thanks for your kind words. I’ve not set a goal weight really but ideally would like to get down to 9.30 to 10 stone, I’m 5 ft 7 so reckon I’d be size 10-12 then.

Hi all. After years of weight gain, bad polysystic ovary syndrome, poor skin and pains I was referred for a gastric sleeve at end of 2016. My op was planned for June 2017. It was cancelled due to lack of bed, a further four weeks on milk liver shrinkage diet and was back in theatre where a massive hiatus hernia was found and surgery abandoned. 4 weeks later I was given a hiatus hernia repair and surgery type amended to bypass.

At my heaviest I was 21.5 stone. I am now three months post op. I struggled with the pain at first, I’ve never felt so ill and I’d lost a huge amount of blood in theatre and was very tired and weak, so much so that my GP would not let me drive for 8 weeks and I’ve only just been allowed back to work. I’ve been climbing the walls.

I’m feeling much better and definitely feel like the right decision to have the op, something I had second thoughts about when I felt so ill.

Eating is a trial and error still with not much being consumed. I’m having hair loss but luckily my hair was thick before hand.

On the positive 12 weeks post surgery my weight is now 14.5 stone, from a size 24-26 down to 16.

My skin has improved immensely and my pcos has also improved. Now when I exercise I lose weight, something that I really struggled with before due to insulin resistance. Feel like a new woman.

I know a fair few are waiting for their dates, and wanted an update from me. Good luck to all. Definitely the right decision for me.

Best wishes all
Anita
Wow amazing xx

Best wishes all
Anita

You’ve done amazingly well, well done!! xx

Well done you have done incredibly well and I as I would guess many on here welcome your update xx

Back