• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really bad wind pain after food

Andrea73

I have been having a funny tummy now for a few days and have to admit that my eating has not been perfect. Now though everytime I eat something no matter how small I am getting really bad wind pains in my lower tummy.

Does anyone else suffer from this? Any advice apart from the usual windeze gel tabs?

I am planning on starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow to get back to basics so hopefully this will help.

It does sound like wind Andrea, i tend to get that kind of pain if i eat too fast or too much of the "not so good foods"! If it is wind not much you can do except keep taking the tablets and keep moving around. I'm sure it will pass. If you do the 5 day pouch test it will be interesting to hear how it goes for you xx

when i had my 6 month check up, i mentioned to my surgeon that i had bad wind, (smelly, frequent bouts etc) he mentioned that as our digestive system is now different, including the stomach, food is not digested as well as previously, (ie not sat in the stomach, being churned with acid and broken down), subsequently, your food is more undigested as it passes into the intestines, now this is the bit i found interesting....the bacteria in your system is basically fermenting the sugar that is in your food, even worse if you're eating food with sugar, this does include fruit and milk based products....i was recommended to take a bacteria based yoghurt type of drink, you know the ones, with the friendly bacteria, it helps, plus i cut down on the sugars, including the natural ones....also get it out, it pays no rent!! cut down on the carbs...try it!! it may help ;)

Last edited:
hmmm, makes sense i suppose..........what about me tho? Im pre-op and i have trouble with wind :d

i'm guessing it's no different, the bad bacteria fermenting in your intestine, try the good bacteria drink for a while and cut back on the carbs and see if it makes a difference

Back