• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After surgery can you have .

Hi Margaret

I'm hoping to use Slimfast as I've got a cupboard full (I actually like them) but not sure if there's too much sugar. Thought I might dilute one down 50/50 with ss milk at first and keep fingers crossed it doesn't cause dumping. As for soup, planned to experiment with combinations of different veggies once into the puree stage - not sure if you could get homemade soup smooth enough for the first stage so will be having cup-a-soup (no bits) and tinned until I go onto the next stage.

On countdown now - waiting for phone call tomorrow to say bed or no bed. Might be on here all night to keep me busy.

Lynda

Home made soups are fine just use extra stock to let them down if too thick. Cup a soups have very little nutritional value and are quite high in salt. As for slim fast i think they are too high in sugar but i may be wrong. remember you need to stick to less than 5g of fat and sugar per 100g.
good luck
Carole

i personally hate slimfast but my dietician said they were okay as they provide so many additional vitamins and minerals.
x

I had lots of blended soup in the liquid stage, mostly the 'fresh' ones like new covent garden.

Didn't bother with slim fast, when you are eating so little and have no appetite you want what you eat to be tasty and enjoyable!

I was recommended to take slimfast during the liquid stage by the hospital but I hated it. Made myself smoothies with skimmed milk and blended banana and strawberries - now that was nice. Also blended soups which had bits in them.

i was told if it will go through a straw its thin enough.
i would suggest to any bypassers to try any thing new at home in the evening and then if something doesnt agree with you toilet and bed are handy.
sewingbelle

Back