• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your sleep after surgery .

Hi Margaret hope you ok??
Since my op I have slept for England,Scotland,and Wales and now my wife can tell me I dont even ZZZZZzzzzzzz snore anymore...
Mark

cant say my weightloss has made any diffrence to my sleep but i never suffered with any problems befor surgery considering my weight i was lucky

hi marge my sleeping patterns hasnt really changed, my o/h says i dont snore so much now. have you been tested for sleep apnea ?

I have always been a person who sleeps about 5-6 hours, that has not changed...

I am a night owl, as some of you know...;)

have always and continue to sleep 9 hours a night - i need it in order to be functional, otherwise, i get very grumpy and work is impossible (need to be able to concentrate)... have never had any problems (pre or post op).

Initially after op my sleep was awful - bad, weird nightmares and the pain interrupted my sleep. But it has improved a lot to what it used to be like pre-op - i sleep longer and i don't wake up as often to change positions due to the pain in my limbs/back etc.

Hope your ok Marg - sending you hugs with fairy dust xx

My sleep was bad pre op. I snored too - much to my daughter's dismay - one night she stormed into our room and told me off!
Immediately post op I slept in a sitting position due to discomfort. This got steadily better. I can sleep really well now, and I'm sure the weight loss (well I know) has been the answer. Not just sleeping, but much more comfortable in bed. And I can turn over now without my other half thinking there's been an earth quake!! xx

Initially after op my sleep was awful - bad, weird nightmares and the pain interrupted my sleep. But it has improved a lot to what it used to be like pre-op - i sleep longer and i don't wake up as often to change positions due to the pain in my limbs/back etc.

Hope your ok Marg - sending you hugs with fairy dust xx
Hi Topsy
Im fine thanks . How are you doing hun ?
Take care .
Margaret xx

My sleep pattern in much the same at night and Pete says I dont snore as much. Before my op if I lay down on the sofa I was like a tiny tears and my eyes would shut and I would be asleep. Since my op I think I have fallen asleep on the sofa twice both times in the evening

My sleep was bad pre op. I snored too - much to my daughter's dismay - one night she stormed into our room and told me off!
Immediately post op I slept in a sitting position due to discomfort. This got steadily better. I can sleep really well now, and I'm sure the weight loss (well I know) has been the answer. Not just sleeping, but much more comfortable in bed. And I can turn over now without my other half thinking there's been an earth quake!! xx
:8855::8855:Hi that made me laugh before the kids moved out of the house we use to sit and watch a movie and I use to lie on the sofa and pound to a penny I would fall a sleep and start snoring they would go mad with me stop the snoring or you`ll have to go to bed who was the kid :8855::8855:Another time me and the ex went and stayed in his mums mobile home and his mum had to come and bang on the bedroom door stop that snoring Margaret :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiya, before my op i would wake up 4 or 5 times a night and snored something cronic have been known to keep both my husband awake and my sons. Now i am post op i am massively better now i do not wake up and husband wrekons i am quite as a mouse now i am complain ing about his snoring lol. take care janey:D:D:D

Back