• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All I want for Christmas

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Isn't Christmas a confusing time of year when you are loosing weight :rolleyes:

I have been Christmas shopping today, every where you see beautiful food and lovely things to buy and eat.. :)

But when you are at the start of your journey and finding your feet with what you can and cannot eat its also quite a difficult time with festive get togethers and eating out

Im off for a 4 COURSE MEAL TOMORROW, I MADE MY DESICION TO HAVE ALL COURSES AND EAT A SMALL AMOUNT OF EACH COURSE, I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH FOOD NO LONGER HOLDS THE SAME ATTRACTION FOR ME AS IT USED TOO,
NOW I SEEM TO WANT GOOD FOOD THAT FILLS ME UP AND GIVES GOOD NUTRICIAN WITH THE RIGHT AMMOUNT OF CALORIES (sorry hit the caps lock):D

The other thing I'm finding confusing and a little difficult is all my family keep asking me what I want for Christmas, before I was so easy to buy for.... continental chocolates...;)
but I have asked everyone NOT to buy them at all...clothes are a bit of a no go area as well as I'm working my way down the size range and everything they may buy now will not fit before I can get use out of them...
I simply don't know what to ask for

So want do you want for Christmas this year...see if I can get some ideas :Christmas02r:

I always used to get clothes esp pyjamas & chunky knits, I hate chocolate (fat bird that doesn't like choc theres a novelty lol) so this year I am having money fella has bought me a few bits to open but I will save the dosh to spend as I need clothes.

Good Idea..Cash and spend in the sales :)

When I was a young bachelor living in a grotty flat my flatmate had a technique for rising above the relative squalor; he had a very expensive wine glass which made cheap plonk taste like expensive vintage wine, he had a Crown Derby teapot, cup and saucer which made his cup of tea something special.
I never forgot the lesson he taught me, now I have a special glass for my occasional whisky and a very special bowl with top quality Japanese chopsticks which make my small meals extra special.
If you think hard about your everyday life I'm sure you will find some special and personal things which will lift things from the mundane. Maybe a really nice ballpoint pen instead of using a freebee giveaway one, maybe a silver spoon to eat your yoghurt with. Whatever it is it should be special and only for you.

I asked for clothing vouchers last year and this year. Even a fiver was put towards clothes :)

When I was a young bachelor living in a grotty flat my flatmate had a technique for rising above the relative squalor; he had a very expensive wine glass which made cheap plonk taste like expensive vintage wine, he had a Crown Derby teapot, cup and saucer which made his cup of tea something special.
I never forgot the lesson he taught me, now I have a special glass for my occasional whisky and a very special bowl with top quality Japanese chopsticks which make my small meals extra special.
If you think hard about your everyday life I'm sure you will find some special and personal things which will lift things from the mundane. Maybe a really nice ballpoint pen instead of using a freebee giveaway one, maybe a silver spoon to eat your yoghurt with. Whatever it is it should be special and only for you.

This! :)

My answer to "What do you want for Christmas?" is money :) So once ive shrunk I can go to Glastonbury/Brighton/Camden and spend spend spend!

I love this reply..what good ideas...love it!!!!!!!!

I have asked for charitable donations, but one aunty just won't go for it. Instead she's going to buy me some lovely scented candles - I get to use them and enjoy them without ending up living with clutter or gaining weight.
I love the idea of a beautiful plate - making every meal special. I do have mugs I love for my coffee, but my plates are more utilitarian.

Yes scented candles...that's a good idea too...I do love nice candles.

Vouchers for manicures, pedicures or facials. Lovely perfume. Voucher for new hairdo. Professional photo shoot for when you get to goal. Have your colours done or get appointment with personal stylist so you know all your new clothes will suit your colouring and bodyshape.

So many ways to pamper yourself and reward yourself with treats as you lose the weight, paid for by others!

Vouchers for manicures, pedicures or facials. Lovely perfume. Voucher for new hairdo. Professional photo shoot for when you get to goal. Have your colours done or get appointment with personal stylist so you know all your new clothes will suit your colouring and bodyshape.

So many ways to pamper yourself and reward yourself with treats as you lose the weight, paid for by others!

Lovely Ideas Thank you xx

I love the idea of a silver spoon or a beautiful plate for meals... going to use that idea.

yeah you could get a ncie charm if you have a pandora bracelet or sumthing. I like to watch films and love music so im getting some dvds and some cd's. My big pressie tho is a size 12 henry holland coat from debenhams. I tried it on in the shp i can get it on but cant do it up, so my working is it should do me perfect for at least 12 months! x x x

Why not go for perfume, shower gel etc. Or a nice necklace, earrings or watch?
Or books if you,re a reader. Nice scarf and glove set. New handbag or purse. The list is endless ...... x

My husband always complains that I'm hard to buy for and I've never been a fan of chocolate anyway. I reckon I'm actually pretty easy to please: books or book vouchers, music vouchers, handbags, paints and canvas, my favourite day spa also does vouchers and now my favourite tattooist does, too!
We went to a Leonard Cohen concert at the weekend so I made it even easier for him ... told him to go browse the merchandise table but not to get me any CDs because I've got them all, and on vinyl as well. However, books and T-shirts were on the good to go list (I figure T-shirts work well even if they do become too big).
:)

Back