• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas Eve - Midnight service

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
:angel:Will anyone be going to church over Christmas? Either to the late Christmas Eve service or Christmas day!

Its a lovely time to be at one of the services over the holiday; I know with the pressures of modern life that not everyone has time to go on a regular basis. Also I do understand that not everyone goes to church or even believes in any religion.

I apologise for offending anyone - as that is not my intention.

I do realise that a lot of people pray to a higher deity, and may not choose to be a church-goer, and there is certainly no critisism intended, but I love the special times of the year when the church service has a magical experience all of its own!

This year as we have family staying I shall not have a drink on Christmas Eve, as I intend going to the midnight service at my local church, it is something I used to be able to do as a child and has special significance to me. I can also go quietly without disturbing anyone else indoors, then be fresh to greet them all Christmas morning with their breakfast.

Hope you all have a very special magical Christmas, and I shall be including you all in my prayers, especially all of you going through very difficult times at the moment; and include each and everyone of you, no exceptions.

Take care and God Bless You All xxx

Love and Hugs Kat xxx

Funnily enough i was only saying to Trev this morning we aren't sure of our church service over the festive period. We missed the Christingle last Friday because of a very ill relative and then this Sunday we never made the Eucharist because of the weather. Normally we try to go every week. I may have to send Trev on a fact finding mission, as we have no children tomorrow and i can't think of much nicer than Christmas Eve Service.

As for apologising, please dont. We all have something we believe in, some have God, some have other things! As long as we're all accepting of our differences that's all we need....

Enjoy your service xxxx

We always do for sure and it's a wonderful opportunity for those that don't attend Church very often to feel some love, light and reflection... I love the Christmas services and when I'm well enough I head for services at Chester Cathedral... I always feel as though I'm walking on air when I leave Church... it gives me a great uplifted feeling and it does help me feel better from inside.

Our Churches and traditions need us.

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

PLease dont apologise Kat, Im not religous atall but respect everyones right to be so :D Hope you all have a lovely time at the christmas services (HUG) XX

All being well i should be going to the 4pm service tomorrow at our church with our neighbours for a family service. I love Christmas and I'm really looking forward to church this year.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to an open air carol service tomorrow evening, which my son's choir is singing in. They are singing around a huge lit Christmas tree. It will be magical. Then we shall be at church Christmas morning. It's one of our family traditions. We usually wait to open presents until after church.
It's lovely. My church is my family, so it's wonderful to 'greet them all, on that happy morning.'
Love and light and Christmas blessings to all on WLS.
Grace xxx

My mother was a Catholic Irish girl from Dublin, my dad an Alter boy from St Pats in Manchester, so I had no choice in whether or not I went as a kid.

These days I attend a lovely local C of E church in our village and I will be there tonight as usual. My daughter used to come with me but she'll be out until dawn :eek: but for the first time ever my Val is coming with me which is nice. :) Then home to chat to a dear friend in the USA for an hour or two and the night will be complete

Aww lovely Karl... bless you... I'll be thinking of you all and lighting a candle for our family on here...

Love you all xxx

We always go to the children's mass on christmas eve as I read and there is liturgy for the children where they get to dress up as a nativity character. After this service it always feels more like christmas as all the shops are shut and once we get ome it's time to spend with the family. We normally have a treat from the chip shop as there is one in the row of shops next to church. Mine will be a piece of roe and some salad.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS X X

:):):) Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

Julie - Hope you and Trev find a good church near to where you live when you move down sarf!!
Your comments are always welcome!

Bev - I agree the churches these day need us more than ever. Chester Cathedral sounds a beautiful place to worship. Hope you enjoy your service - of course you`ll be floating - angels usually do!

Jacqui - You always have a good word for everybody - and that makes you very special to me hun x

Emma-Louise - I hope you enjoy your service with your neighbours, and you all have a lovely Christmas.

Grace - Enjoy your open air service this evening - just make sure you are well wrapped up (pop a hot water bottle inside your coat to keep you snug) I expect it will be lovely watching your son in the choir! What a lovely service - around a big Christmas tree, and with all the snow about I`m sure it will be especially magical! All the old traditions are the best!

Karlos - Pleased to see your parents upbringing hav`nt done you any harm! A little village church sounds lovely - and I`m sure Val will enjoy the service, it might even persuade her to go with you again!

Terri - the service with the little ones sounds lovely, and it teaches them so much, taking part in family led services like that. Enjoy your supper on the way home, as I`m sure you will! x

It is certainly a special time of year, and when you see the little faces learning to sing carols and hymns, with such lovely innocence on their faces, with so much to look forward to in their lives, it makes it such a wonderful time, and adds to their memories for the future.

:angel09:

Take care and bless you all xxx

Love Kat x

Back