• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All the people with coughs and colds !!!!

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
... can they just stay away from work please !!!

I am 7 days away from surgery and starting to become quite worried that I am heading for an infection and the surgery will get cancelled. I have Type 2 diabetes and very low immunity -- altho to try and counter this (to some extent) I do take shed loads of vitamins + minerals plus Echinacea etc.

The situation is such that I have an agreement with HR at work that if I end up sitting next to someone who has a bad cold / infection and they have "valiantly" come into work, HR will move me. (I am a float secretary so I "float" around the building covering other secretaries on hols or off sick themselves).

BUT .... I cannot stop all the other people with coughs and colds on the commuter trains into London (this evening there were about 8 people in the carriage I was in sniffing and coughing). :( :(

I have begun to feel a very slight tickle at the back of my throat this evening (I have gargled Corsodyl) and a slight temperature.

Last edited:
aaarrggghhhhh!! I really hope you get through this ok xxx

Ithink zinc gluconate is good for colds as well but sounds like you got it covered. It is a worry and can sympathise with you, i work in a school and its the same there, however where theres kids there are always lots of bugs but thankfully i am quite hardy as i worked in our local chemist for 12 yrs prior to the school so have been exposed a lot, Idid have my flu jab in Dec that in 1 arm and vitamin b injection in the other but i have been fine all winter touch wood xx best of luck keep up with fluids, paracetamols. xx

Right, this morning on the train into Cannon Street I decided I will NOT be coughed or sneezed on !!!! (and yes there were another half dozen coffers, sneezers, snifflers and wheezers again today!). So I took my red mac coat off, and pulled it up and over my head, and closed it round me like a tent. I do not care how odd I looked or what people thought (no one asked, but if they had I would have been totally willing to explain).

So this is (sort of) what I looked like on the train this morning: :8855:

Attachments

• coat over head 2.jpg
    coat over head 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 68
PMSL!!!!:8855::8855::8855::8855: Serves a purpose i suppose!!!

Hope you stay fit n healthy Sharon, I'll be thinking of you! Maybe we could swap mobile numbers so i can post how you are doing?? xx

Hope you stay fit n healthy Sharon, I'll be thinking of you! Maybe we could swap mobile numbers so i can post how you are doing?? xx

Thanks, Becky. I will email you my mobile if you like .... but I thought you have wayyyy to much on your mind at the moment, with funeral arrangements in Ireland etc. I didn't want to bother you.

Cathi (FuturePerfect) already has my mobile as we actually met (yeah! real life!) and went to a radio comedy show recording a few months back.

Yes, i have lots going on,:(:(:(, but your op is in my official diary!!! I NEED to know how you are doing! Email me your mobile please!:cool::D

Good job your not near me then :( but I've given mine to DH

I'm panicking about this too, I work on a children's ward too, so am constantly surrounded by snotty kids, lol. I think I might have to get a bio-hazard suit!!

I'm panicking about this too, I work on a children's ward too, so am constantly surrounded by snotty kids, lol. I think I might have to get a bio-hazard suit!!

Ah, sweets!

Well i truly did commute to work for 2 days running (4 journeys) with me coat over me head like some kind of care in the community escapee, so I am sure you could find a pretty pink or yellow one of these ......

Attachments

• coat%20over%20head%202.jpg
    coat%20over%20head%202.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 45
  • men in biohazard suits.jpg
    men in biohazard suits.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 3,527
You fools! People will be paping you thinking you're a celeb! However its not really the coughing and sneezing on you it's the doors the poles the ticket rails door handles - everywhere people have been touching - If you are really that worried then wear gloves on your journey for the next week. I am sure you will be fine ! ps do the team know you are taking Echinacea? - as you should probably stop this pre op as it can increase bleeding when used long term. xx

I have a child in nursery, a 9 year old and was volunteering at Stay and play up until the day before my op. by the grace of God I was fine and didn't have to do the coat dive lol

That's hilarious!!!

trud72 said:
LOL i know what you mean they are EVERYWHERE i get mine done on wed :talk017:

Good luck :D

ps do the team know you are taking Echinacea? - as you should probably stop this pre op as it can increase bleeding when used long term. xx

No I don't think they have ever enquired about what existing supplements I am taking + I had no idea that it can cause problems.

I took it this morning and my op is now about 48 hrs away so I think a tad late in the day to stop it now (woops!).

Good luck with you op hope all goes well for you.

Back