• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I doing it correctly?

Hi all.

12 days post op. At the start of this week, I weighed myself and found I put on 3 pounds since I checked a few days before that but I'm starting to loose again so no big deal.

Was hoping if someone could tell me if I'm doing everything correctly in terms of my diet so far...

Everyday, I pretty much each the exact same thing. Breakfast, I usually eat a small pot of Petits Filous yogurt. Lunch is a bowl of Heinz lentil soup and for the evening meal, another bowl of lentil soup but homemade. Have around 3-4 cups of chocolate Nesquik milkshake (150 calories) and water inbetween meals.

I've noticed however that I seem to manage the bowl of soups quite well, takes about 5-10 minutes to finish the bowl but only because I'm pacing myself. I always feel full but never to the point where I'm feeling sick or ready to "burst" - will this change when I start on solids?

Not feeling any hunger at all and not much desire to eat, a couple of times I've forgotten to eat breakfast. It's a good sensation to wake up in the morning and not have my belly scream at me to overfill it with toast and whatnot.

Took 2 Solpadol effervescent painkillers during the week and after a few minutes, started feeling dizzy, weak and hot. Not sure what that was but it has never happened with Solpadol before.

Is it safe to start exercising now? I would like to get on my cross trainer but not sure if it's too soon.

Thanks for reading. :D

I was told 6 week check up before excercise and I think your menu looks ok I would just try to vary it up a little and actually take longer with the soup - meals should take 20 min even now to prepare you for the later stages and help you form it as a habit

I personally wouldnt be having nesquick in milk as I have a sweet tooth and used the time to address those habits but its good you are getting the milk in xx

i would swap the nesquick and that is high in sugar... crusha do a no added sugar version that would be better.... drink more fluids... ie decaf tea/coffee,nas squash etc and just have a couple of milkshakes a day.
The soluble tabs pro mde you feel rubbish as they are fizzy... the best thing to do there is a couple of hours before you feel you may need one... desolve it and leave it to stand for a couple iof hours.. and stir out the fizz... or if you can see your doc and change them for tabs you swallow xx
The soup will go through quickly and you will be able to eat more of it... being like a flud it goes through your pouch quicker. you will soon find your restriction when you go onto the next stage x

I found the first stage hard. Its good not to feel hungry but make sure you eat as your body needs food to help heal. I would ad some variety but then I couldn't eat something more than one day or it made me feel sick.
Good luck xx

I didn't realise nesquik was high in sugar, I was just going by the number of calories. I also have slim fast milkshake but it has around 250 calories so thought nesquik was the better option, certainly tastier anyway. I don't like milk on its own so it has to be in the form of milkshake. I will look for crusha next time I'm in the shops.

Don't like tea or coffee so it's pretty much just milkshake and water. I love water though.

Another two weeks and I'll be able to move on to the mushy food stage. I kinda like the liquid diet and would like to stay on it longer but I guess that won't be too healthy?

Nope move through the stages as and when they say to prevent problems with your pouch - doesn't mean.you can't enjoy soup on the next stage though. X

Back