• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I eating too much?

traceyashkar

Hi

I had my bypass 2 weeks Monday so I'm still on liquids, but my bariactric nurse told me that I could also have some tinned soups as long as I sieve them first. My concern is that I'm having too much!

I am having some really runny readybrek in the morning, again on the recommendation of the nurse, then a tin of soup lunchtime and another in the evening. In between I will have 2-3 small cups of coffee and a half a litre of water that I sip throughout the day. I manage to drink the whole of the soups even if I sip them slowly, but after reading a few threads on here it seems like I'm having far to much.

Can anyone advise me on this. I am back at the hospital on the 25th and will discuss this with the nurse, but it is concerning me.

Thanks
Tracey

Hi tracey
calorie wise your not having a lot over the day. Liquids go down easy and straight through. What has the bariatric nurse said? I was drinking a lot of soup at the beginning but some people on here found it hard to get fluids in. Once your on to the puree stage you will feel full on not very much.
Kim

LOL - well jel! I cant even keep 3-5 tspn off soup down yet! Wish I was a few more days on and getting accustomed to wrap isnt as easy as I 1st thought! You need to THINK about everything :) still onwards and downwards xx

You really don't need to worry about eating too much during the liquid stage. Soup just slips through any way, but when you get to the soft food stage you'll feel restriction and know when you've had enough to eat. Just follow the instructions from your team and you'll be fine honest

Thanks everyone your replies have eased my worries a bit. Obviously people are different, and as I'm back at hospital on Wednesday, hopefully they will confirm the same. When I start on the puréed foods Monday this should fill me up quicker and I should eat less, we'll see.

Hi Tracey, we had our op's on the same day. I am already on runny pureed stage (from week 2) in accordance to the dietician sheet I was given - so I was a bit worried that I'd rushed things when I saw your post.
I'm doing ok, nothing has come back up and I've not dumped on anything - although I'm not being very adventurous at present. I'm not sure the surgeon has even operated on me! I've not needed painkillers or anti-nausea tablets since coming home.

I'm not getting in all the 'meals' they suggest (4-5 daily) and I can't force it, but I'm keeping hydrated.

Good luck with your continued progress x

aslong as your sticking to the guidelines you ve been given everything will be ok!! good luck with your op xx

I have this worry too. I wish I had specific instructions. Think I might be getting obsessed with quick weightloss.

Has anyone else felt like this?

Lisa

Hi dinda

I'm now on puréed and eating a lot less so happier now. I can only manage 3 meals a day, but I struggle to drink more than a litre of fluids a day so I need to try and up that. On the whole feel a lot better on the puréed.

Good luck with your WL journey.

Tracey x

try to get as much fluid down as possible it's horrible if you get a kidney infection and it comes on really quickly too :( take care and well done with the pureed x

Back