• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I going too fast or what?

Grace

I just had 4 chicken goujons (oven baked) for tea. So not soft/sloppy.

Now I'm feeling nauseous and tum's hurting.

I'm 11 weeks out now and so struggling with not fancying food at all. So I'm just trying to eat SOMETHING I might fancy.
any suggestions or help please?

It may be just be something that doesn't agree with you. Chicken is a big no no for me now 15 months out as it just makes me feel like you're doing.

11 weeks should be fine for trying most foods. It's not the texture that should affect you. Maybe too much though 4 just now.

Trial and error, hopefully with not many errors :)

Hi Charis, personally it would have been too much too soon for me but everyone is different. I was a few weeks on from you when i tried a lamb kebab skewer at a bbq 2 mouthfuls and it was stuck! Saying that i could manage tuna and things of that texture but found mince too much. So it may not be too soon for you to eat stuff of that substance but maybe just the wrong thing xxx

hi huni, i dont think chicken goujons would have been my choice, chicken is a bit dry, hard to chew and even drier with breadcrumbs and done in oven. but i know what u mean by trying to find something nice that will tickle your fancy. id leave anything like that alone for a little while yet, and try stuff thats not so hard, dry, etc. but it must be so hard for you, your 11 weeks out, and normally by now, you would have been on all sorts of stuff. i hope you feel better soon huni, and good luck with the next thing you try. big hugs xx

It may be just be something that doesn't agree with you. Chicken is a big no no for me now 15 months out as it just makes me feel like you're doing.

11 weeks should be fine for trying most foods. It's not the texture that should affect you. Maybe too much though 4 just now.

Trial and error, hopefully with not many errors :)

PROOF of how we are all different, ive pratically lived on chicken since my bypass!!!!!!

Maybe after all the trauma you have had you should try very small portions, like just one and then if it is ok then another.

Boring I know.

Maybe after all the trauma you have had you should try very small portions, like just one and then if it is ok then another.

Boring I know.
But sensible. I know I have massive restriction at the moment. Thanks for all the advice guys. I've never been a lover of 'wet' foods but I guess I'm going to have to persist. And smaller portions too! Gosh my portions are already tiny!

But pouchy is obviously very sensitive at the moment.

these little pouchies of ours cause us some problems dont they, they certainly rule our lives, but then i suppose thats why we had them made in the first place. i suppose if we're nice to pouchy, pouchy will be nice to us, lol

If you aren't a lover of "wet foods" it can be a bit more difficult, i'm not sure if you like fish but if you want foods that are a bit dry but still soft i found fish fingers baked in the oven quite nice at your stage. I'm sure the pain will go soon you have probably just aggrivated your tum! Big hugs hun xx

I'm with the 'chicken in breadcrumbs is very dry brigade'.

If your not fancying much can i be really cheeky and make a suggestion? Spoil yourself. Go into one of the posh shops that i never look in the window of even and look in their range and get something suitably delectable that you would normally think 'How ******* much?' And enjoy it xx

do u mean marks julie? hahahhha thats the only one i know of xxx

I'm with the 'chicken in breadcrumbs is very dry brigade'.

If your not fancying much can i be really cheeky and make a suggestion? Spoil yourself. Go into one of the posh shops that i never look in the window of even and look in their range and get something suitably delectable that you would normally think 'How ******* much?' And enjoy it xx

Julie I really wish I could think of ANYTHING that I fancy at all! I don't much care for fish so that doesn't help. My favourite food would be a steak, pork chop, lamb chop etc but maybe that would be too dry and indigestible too?

Yuck I hate fishfingers!

Maybe a nice lamb steak cooked pink so it's tender? From our VERY posh butchers, Elite Meat?

Good plan! and some home made mint sauce from the bariatric cook book to go with it! and a little bit of cauliflower!
Oooh getting excited!

7 months out I cant eat lots of things. For example pork, beef, chicken lamb, bread, apples,cottage cheese (!crazy) , Tuna(some days). Anything sweet makes me want to be sick just thinking, looking or smelling it. Even some days I struggle with bannanas. This is crazy I know but hey its me currently. What I'm trying to say is try things and see, if they dont work today try again in a few weeks. This is one rollercoater we are on!

Back