• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you eat on a bad day?

jaffa_cake

Lately i've been having a few bad days where all I want to do it eat :sigh:

My day so far...

Breakfast: 1 1/2 slice of wholemeal bread toasted with dairylea

Snack: Mug of tea with 6 mini jaffa cakes....

Lunch: will be chicken breast with salad, rice and some bbq sauce

Snack: Will probably have another cup of tea and a biscuit

Dinner: will be chicken breast coated in spices and homemade oven chips with either mayo light or bbq sauce

Snack: most likely another cup of tea and a biscuit :eek:

My goodness when I write it down its seems incredible that I still eat all this :eek:

Please tell me i'm not alone!! and any advice on how to stop days like this would be very much appreciated

Jaffa

Lately i've been having a few bad days where all I want to do it eat :sigh:

My day so far...

Hi Jaffa the foods your describing are mostly sliders or turned into sliders i will explain my thoughts below.

Breakfast: 1 1/2 slice of wholemeal bread toasted with dairylea

toast shouldnt really be tollerable but with the dairy lea this turns the toast into a slider and will pass through more easily and not give a full sensation.

Snack: Mug of tea with 6 mini jaffa cakes....

Lunch: will be chicken breast with salad, rice and some bbq sauce

this sounds a ok lunch but yet again the sauce will turn the food to a slider and will allow you to eat more, you would feel ful off less food with out the sauce.

Snack: Will probably have another cup of tea and a biscuit

try to keep away from the biscuits as its just empty pointless calories and defeats the object of banding.

Dinner: will be chicken breast coated in spices and homemade oven chips with either mayo light or bbq sauce

yet again the food choices is not to bad but your cheating the band again with the mayo or bbq sauce, try and eat the foods dry and you will feel more satified from less food.

Snack: most likely another cup of tea and a biscuit :eek:

My goodness when I write it down its seems incredible that I still eat all this :eek:

Please tell me i'm not alone!! and any advice on how to stop days like this would be very much appreciated

Jaffa

your not alone ive had many days like these but the best advice i can give from a banders perspective is to try and stop using sauces and mayos.....good luck x

Giving up sauces has been the hardest thing I have ever tried to do hence why I still havn't managed it, I just find food tastes so tasteless without it, is there any way I can overcome this?

I know it sounds daft but why eat chicken if you want it to taste of bbq sauce?

The flavour should be in the meat surely and not the sauce... Just a thought x

Oh yeah, don't be eating the biscuits, bad bad girl :) xx

I know it sounds daft but why eat chicken if you want it to taste of bbq sauce?

The flavour should be in the meat surely and not the sauce... Just a thought x

Oh yeah, don't be eating the biscuits, bad bad girl :) xx

Because I like the taste of bbq sauce! I have had sauce with my dinners from I was a toddler so breaking that habit is extremely hard to do!

Giving up sauces has been the hardest thing I have ever tried to do hence why I still havn't managed it, I just find food tastes so tasteless without it, is there any way I can overcome this?

I'm not a bander, but the same applies, you want to get the most out of what you put in and in the small quantities we eat it needs to be tasty.

Instead of sauce why don't you make your home made oven chips and coat them with cajun spice or other such dry spices. You could always make your own blends of spices to suit your tastes.

I tend to make sure now that all my foods are as tasty as they can be, adding garlic & lemon to chicken or fish, a bit of chilly to beans with a low calorie dressing.

Food doesn't have to be boring, there are loads of different ideas for adding some zazz to foods. Google Jamie Oliver or check out the Ch4 web pages for eat yourself slim etc.

use herbs in the cooking or garlic, with salad i like a sprinkling of garlic salt on salad to taste, eating sauces when a bander is totally defeating the object of it being there, the girls have come up with some really good sugestions tho....good luck x

How about drizzling a little sauce over the chicken breast then baking it in the oven. The sauce will become more of a glaze so you'll still have the flavour, just a lot dryer.

I'm not a bander so this might be a totally daft idea, sorry if it is!

Actually that sounds like a good idea! I recently brought a bbq marinade sauce, you could use a pastry brush to lightly cover your meat and then you have the flavour with quite a considerable decrease in calories i would have thought?

Good idea simplylucy x

Actually that sounds like a good idea! I recently brought a bbq marinade sauce, you could use a pastry brush to lightly cover your meat and then you have the flavour with quite a considerable decrease in calories i would have thought?

Good idea simplylucy x

i agree its a fantastic idea !:)

salmon fillet with a little oyster sauce on the top when baked gives lots of flavour without the 'slide'...chicken fillet seasoned with some Schwartz Garlic Italian spices ...very nice.

(I struggle without the sauce too :hug99:)

most banders cant cope with the feeling of proper restriction, and hence turning to sliders with sauces or dressings, its hard to cope sometimes but once learnt its tollerable but difficult.

Back