• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it in my mind or is it physical ??

I had my gastric by pass on the 17th March 2014 and right away I had a problem with eating. I had pain, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. I made it through the liquid and puree stages, not happily but I did it. With constant nausea, bouts of vomiting and episodes of pain I moved on to a soft diet and then tried to introduce a normal diet. I can't do it. It hurts, or makes me vomit, or leaves me feeling very nauseous.

I eat twice a day. Mostly pureed soups, soft cheese, egg or heinz spaghetti hoops. I keep trying to introduce other foods but unsuccessfully.

I've been back to the hospital and had the camera down to see if there was a restriction..... but everything looked normal as far as the surgeon could see. Now I'm waiting for a ct scan to see if that shows anything up. But what if it doesn't show anything.......... is it all in my mind? Am I subconsciously stopping myself from eating?

I'm hoping that someone out there in wlsurgery land, has had a similar experience and can offer me words of advice or suggestions to help me through this.

:cry:

Sorry to read of your woes.i cant help but im sure someone will be along soon who can, I wish you shed loads of luck in getting an answer

I've had problems since day 14 of my bypass and am now 14 months.

It's not in my mind either.

As I've lost too much weight and just can't keep it on I now have a Jejunostomy feeding tube.

Go for the tests and even if they don't find anything they will probably have a plan.

Good luck!

hiya strawberry.been a while now and still problems.we are 2 of a kind.when I had my camera down and the balloon pulled thru.they perphorated my asophagus.i was in such pain.i get a bit down,but still have to chew chew chew.i just want something nice to taste.i tried curries and chillis with all sort of meats and quorm.but I found mince turkey that's not too bad.i got the slender recipebook.but cant eat much of that.im stil soup,scrambled egg.i did do Heinz spag Bolognese and the was great it lasted 3 meals.but I got 1 fish finger down and mushy peas from the fish shop.and then did it a second time and had problems with the fish.i tried boiled fish but I must be cooking it too much.my husband goes mad I am wasting so much food.i go to the dietician next week.i have a lot yo ask her.i should be on a plate size now.how on earth are we suppose to get veg.fruit milk and everything down in one day.we cant drink before or after food.the medication is a job in itself.i had my b12 but I don't feel much better.my legs are like lead weights I have to lift my pant leg to get in the car to lift my leg up.i am still having my wound dressed by nurse 16 weeks later.i am absolutely fed up.i do hope you get sorted soon.the scan will sort it out im sure.but beware in Bradford they give you a jug of vile stuff to drink for the scan.it does however make you run to the toilet.stay in touch I hope you are ok soon soohoo

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble too. I'm still on soup and cream cheese...... and they are starting to turn my stomach. It's all starting to get me down too. I have a scan on the 24th but I don't think it will show anything. I'm worried it's all in my mind. I feel sick all the time and don't have any energy for anything. I have really bad dizzy spells.

Back