• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I too early to join!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Hi, my name is Sarah, I've just started my journey on this adventure!. Though I have secretly considered and looked into weight loss surgery for a long time I finally plucked up the courage to tell my family, who have been very supportive, a few weeks ago.

After lots and lots of research, talking to my GP and the hospital etc I have now made my decision to have a bypass. Boy loads of sleepless nights over this one, mostly regarding spending that sort of money on myself!!. Would take forever on NHS here.

I'm so glad I've found this site, you all seem so pleased with your results. I am nervous but want to do this to be around for my family and lead a better life with them, I know this is going to be hard work but I'm sure the rewards will be more than worth it.

I love reading all your results and who had their surgery the longest time ago?

Hi Sarah and welcome

I'm early days yet. I've got my funding and expecting a letter soon with the date of my first appointment. I'm hoping to have the op by the end of the year but not holding my breath!

xx

Thank you for your welcomes, I have just rang up the hospital and they are going to ring back with a date. They actually asked me when I wanted to do it!. Thats the difference with going private I guess. Never been private before, but glad I made that choice reading about all the delays that can happen I don't know how you all manage with the extra setbacks- don't they realise its already hard enough??

Fingers crossed you get a call back soon xx

Welcome Sarah, hope you get your date soon. My journey so far has been very quick. x

Hi & welcome x

I'm still pre op and i'm awaiting my 1st appointment, Your right about waiting on the nhs, its proberbly the most emotional rollar coster you could go on! the highs & lows are enough to break anyone....I'm greatefull to the nhs as i could never pay for this life changing treatment on my own, But feel you have made the right choice by going private if you can afford too for the sake of less heart ache & the chance at just concentraiting on the recovery xx Nhs is a loooong road, but is there for the people that couldn't acces it without them xx I wish you well and hope you hear back form the clinc soon xxx

its only because of the support of everyone that its an option. It will be hard paying for it though, but worth it! I hope it all happens quickly for you

its only because of the support of everyone that its an option. It will be hard paying for it though, but worth it! I hope it all happens quickly for you

Many thanks sarah xx we will all get there in the end xx all the very best and keep us updated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:):)

hi sarah and welcome ,like lodsa say.s its never 2 early,wish ad done mine years ago

Welcome, I'm new too, but everyone has been so friendly and all the real life info is invaluable; good luck on your weight loss journey x

Hi Sarah and welcome. It's never too early and you can never ever do enough research as far as wls is concerned, everyone's journey is so very different.

I am only just a year out and around 75lbs down, which isn't so bad considering i stopped losing for about 3 months or so (my own fault don't panic)...

I think the longest out of surgery i can think of on here are Shelbel and Hopelesscase who both did fantastically well. Also my two good friends wannabeslimagain and lamornamiss are fantastic losers, when you have more than 50 posts most priviliges kick in and you can befriend and check out their albums.

Get posting girl x

Hi and welcome to the site. It must be very exciting now you have decided to go private and know you won't have to wait very long. Its a total roller coaster of emotions waiting for this appointment and that appointment and watching the post everyday hoping that finally your date will be included within the pile of letters.

I am now 13 months on from getting my funding and am still not on the final waiting list, frustrating doesn't even cut it. But.. hopefully by the end of this month after seeing my Surgeon for the 3rd time he will say I am on the list. Here's hoping anyway lol!!

Back