• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Early days

suepat10

Good morning ladies

I've been on Minimins for a couple of years - SW, CD, WW - but failed on everything.

I've had a chat with my doctor this morning about things and he has told me that if I want, he is happy to refer me for surgery.

I'm in the hands of the local PCT now as to whether they accept the referral so it really is early days but I am so happy!!

I live with my partner in Bexhill - right on the coast - so this time of year is hell. Everyone in nice clothes and me in my tent!

My 12 year old son lives with us and he is tall, lanky, fit as a flea. I can feed him healthily but hopeless with myself!!

hi

welcome to the forums. it is great here. lots of advice and words of wisdom.

good luck with your journey
xx

Hi and welcome to the forums. I think that being able to feed other people healthy food but not do it for ourselves is very common here. Perhaps it's because deep down we don't think ourselves worthy of being looked after? I still struggle in doing nice things for myself all the time. But I'm getting there.
Good luck with your weight loss journey xx

Thank you all very much for your welcomes x

Yorkiegal - 19th May is a wonderful day (my birthday) so I will be raising a glass to you in celebration then x

Welcome aboard Sue xx I wish you all the very best with your WLS journey x

Welcome Sue, Good Luck with your weight loss journey. x

Thank you all very much for your welcome x

I've just been nosing around the internet and found out HOW early things are. I didn't realise the GP has to apply for the funding first before making the referral. Gulp!!

Let's hope this early in the financial year and with the sun out and shining the panel are in a good mood!

Hello again all

I'm after a bit of advice really.

My BMI is currently 44. If the PCT come back and say I have to follow a 12 month weight loss programme, would that mean that if my BMI drops to below 40 (I have no other medical problems besides aching joints and underactive thyroid) then they would say no at the end of the 12 month program.

I know me, and know that even if I successfully followed a 12 month program, I wouldn't be able to keep it up for the full 10 stone I have to lose.

BUT if I follow it and am still over 40 BMI would they then say I haven't satisfied them that I would follow any post-op eating plan?

Sorry if this is a silly quesiton but I'm a very confused Sue!

xx

Sue i can't answer your question, however you could ring your pct and ask where you stand on it maybe? Things are constantly changing within the nhs, however one thing remains constant. April starts with moneypots filled back up.

Good luck and welcome to this lovely site xx

Thank you again Julie xx

Back