• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am new

Mandz66

Hi I am Mandy from North Tyneside. I have been researching bariatric surgery for about 12 months and eventually plucked up the courage to go to my docs in January after yo yo dieting for 20 years. I have been a member of every slimming club going. I went to the seminar last Thursday at my local hospital and go to the docs tomorrow to be referred to the weight management programme. So this is the start of my journey. It's really great to read about all your different experiences and it certainly gives me hope. Good luck to you all who have your op dates and well done to the post oppers who have succeeded. Xx

hey mandz, welcome to the site, and good luck :) xxx

Thank you for the welcome, you are all really supportive. X
anything you want to ask honey, just go ahead, no question is silly, we all started in the same position :) xxx

:welcome: x

Hiya and welcome, Good Luck with your journey x

Hi I'm new to the site as well just joined yesterday, I had a bypass on Friday so at a different stage to you but I'm finding this site great loads of useful info. Loads of luckwith your journey x

Last edited:
Welcome to the group and all the best with your weight loss journey xx

Off to docs this morning to be referred to weight management, the sleep clinic ( my surgeon thinks I have sleep apnea) and also to stop smoking! Will keep you updated xx

hi mandy and welcome to this very friendly, supportive and helpful site.
i name is jan and i live in darlington county durham. i am hoping to have my gastric sleeve op on 03rd may at darlington memorial hospital.
i wish you well on your wls journey and please keep posting your journey and experiences xx

Thank you Jan and good luck with your op, not long to go x
Doctor has done my referral for the weight management and I see a nurse next Wednesday to stop smoking. I got weighed at the doctors again this morning and I've lost 1.8kg since my weigh in at the hospital last Thursday evening and I've done it by cutting out chocolate and drinking water instead of tea n coffee!! I am back at the doctors next Wednesday to be referred to the sleep clinic. Good luck to all who are having their ops soon :)

Back