• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Nurse Julie

Hi everyone.
My name is Julie and I've been lurking around on the forum for the last couple of weeks, finally plucked up courage to say 'hello'.
It seems to be a great place here, lots of good banter and sensible advice :)
Looking forward to getting to know you all and my weight loss journey

I had my operation at the Alex in Cheadle three weeks ago yesterday via the weight loss surgery group. I was flipping terrified (typical nurse, worrying about the anesthetic and what can go wrong etc:cry:)
I have been on liquid diet for the past 3 weeks but today was told I can start on pureed food......yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jxx

Well done Julie for saying hello, but most of all for having the op. Mmmm pureed food, don't miss that but I remember being very excited when I moved from liquid to slush! But it was almost a year before I could face eating fish again after eating pureed fish pie! xxx

High Julie,
Welcome to the club :) loads of good advice on here so enjoy your new life. keep your chin up during these early weeks, remember the benefits are just around the corner

hey Julie, welcome to the site, im sure with all the lurking you know that this place is a wealth of information, good luck with your future :) x

Hello nice to meet you.xx

Hi Julie, welcome.
I had my surgery with WLS Group in Sheffield 10 days ago and like you I'm a nurse! We know how to frighten ourselves don't we. The liquid diet is now driving me mad and can't wait for some sloppy food. I'm just really hungry now and the soup isn't filling me up at all. Good luck on your journey.
Sarah.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Julie welcome and wishing you luck on your wls journey, its nice you dropped by and said hello this time, looking forward to hearing how much you lose in the future xx

hi how much weight have you lost ? i am going in to hospital next tuesday 30th to have mine very worried

Thanks for your lovely replies.
Like I said great to be here, looking forward to joining in with forum issues and of course my journey towards my goal and maintenance

Jxx

hi how much weight have you lost ? i am going in to hospital next tuesday 30th to have mine very worried

Hi Cazz

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago this coming Tuesday. I weighed myself about 2 weeks before when I went on my liver diet and I was 17s 2lbs. When I weighed myself Last Thursday I was 15s 4lbs (good one eh?)
Please, please, please don't worry about your operation - you will be absolutely fine. I know it's easy to say but I gave myself a headache on the day sat on my bed waiting to go to theatre with the worry. But all will be well. Before you know it you will be waking up in the recovery room and thinking 'I could murder a glass of water!!!' ;)
Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you went on.

Jxx

Try not to worry Cazz, good luck, be thinking of you. Your new life will be amazing and SO worth it.

Back