• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ankles

BeaBea

Hi everyone

It might seem like a silly question but does anyone else suffer with quite bad swollen ankles particularly in this weather ... like its quite humid.

I realise that being over weight can cause it, but am beinginning to wonder if is it due to my weight or something else going on. Would be pleased to know what you have got to say ... thanks

Hi there, I get this in hot weather and thats after I have lost some weight, I think some people are just more prone to this.

If you are worried though, please contact your GP...;)

I get pretty bad swelling in the hot weather but I have a few health probs that could cause it too. I know its always worse in the hot weather and when I went to Slimming World I my weight loss always slowed down when it was hot due to water retention. X

Hi Beth, yes i suffer with that, i was ironing last night:cry: yuk! anyway after about half an hour i could feel the skin from the knees down tightening when i look down oh yes they where swollen......not a pretty sight, i have had 2 DVTs though so that might have something to do with mine, so ironing board away legs higher than the heart until the swelling had gone down, but as others have said maybe check with your GP if it continues, leave nothing to chance, thats what i say, Em :)

Yes me too lol.It could also be water retention.Are you on any water tablets?? If not it may be a good Idea to see your gp as these may help. I could'nt get my shoes/sandals or slippers on on sunday so I had my water tablets twice and now my feet are looking good againxx

Yes, I can agree with you ladies, this last week or so, my ankles have been getting really swollen, oh the joys of summer lol xxxxx

Are you on any meds for high blood pressure ? Some varieties are known to cause swollen ankles - my hubby suffers from this.

Yeah, I get swollen ankles!!! The old BP tablets I took were terrible & made my ankles/lower legs swell to my knees, but was getting problems with my blood circulation in my lower legs so I've changed tablets now...now I get it if it is hot or if I have been on my feet all day...the joys of being fat!

hiya have u been checked for lymphodema i have it in my legs ankles hands and tummy they swell up even more in the heat! get it checked hunni as its painful xx

Back