• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Odd sensations . . .

hsmel

This may sound a bit of an odd question but does anyone else have any odd sensations on any part of their tummy in an area unrelated to their actual incisions?

I have a patch just to the right of my tummy button that is really sensitive jeans digging in it or a belt buckle are really quite uncomfy. It sort of started off feeling a bit like a 'cold patch' . . but just wondered if it could be something like a bit of nerve damage from the prodding around that is done inside when doing the op?

Sorry this is a wierd question but just wondered if any of you post oppers have anything similar?

Thanks xxx

I had this too, above my navel - an annoying numb feeling rather than a pain. It settled down after a few weeks.

Yes mine sort of felt numb a bit like I could stick pins in it (but I couldnt!!) 'goose flesh' is how I would describe it. Now it feels sort of sensitive . . probably the healing process but it is wierd. Thanks Biggy you have made me think this is real and not me imagining it!! See the consultant again next week anyway so not really worried but it is just a real odd sensation! Thanks.

i have a sensitive area to the left but further above my belly button, more sort of under my boob, im almost 6 months from surgery now and its still there, i was told its normal and can take a long time to settle down. ive got used to it now.

Thanks Dawny - I think it must be where they do all the poking around with the laproscopic instruments and some nerve damage is probably responsible which I what I thought initially. Strange how we get these patches in different places though!

Snap, I have exactly the same patch just below my belly button, I don't doubt you are quite right...a little bit of nerve trauma due to the op which I am quite sure will sort itself out over the next few weeks. I have been wearing massive granny pants almost up to the boobage so I don't have any bits sticking in....hugely sexy, I know I can hear you think it, but I don't care! xxx

Angie - do not despair I have granny pants on too . . . but mine keep rolling down my belly!!!

have we all got it on the same side, mine is on the left side, and its actually between my boob and my bellybutton, so not as high up as it might have sounded by my last description, its a weird feeling.

Mine is more slightly to the right of my belly button but above it. Must be similar sensations but I must say I am mighty relieved I am not the only one!! I was beginning to think it was because I had squeezed myself into still rather too tight jeans and done some damage. Phew xxx

hi i had nerve damage in my thumb,due to a nurse putting a cannula in the wrong place.Nerve surgeon said nerves take about 1 month per inch to repair themselves.So depending on the length of the nerve you will be numb for a while yet.

Back