• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie - anyone local to Salisbury?

Wanttobeslim

Starting the journey...
Hi all :wavey:
Have just got my date for my band and am excited and nervous at the same time. Liver shrinkage diet starts in earnest at end of week. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions over next few weeks but firstly has anyone been operated on by Charles Ranaboldo?

glad you've got your date :) I'm just approaching 14 months post op with my band and wish you well on your journey it's a wonderful tool if you work with it and treat it well :)

Hello and welcome! I'm afraid I've not heard of Mr Ranoboldo, but if you have questions this is a great place to ask them:)

Oooh Slasher Charles?

Just kidding, never heard of him, I'm sure you will be in great hands.

I wish you all the very best, there are lots of helpful banders on here, and some interesting diaries to read to give you an idea of what to expect.

Good luck with the liver shrinkage diet, it's really important to stick to it x

Thank u for your kind welcome. Lol @ slasher Charles!
Any top tips, especially for those first few weeks post op?

Hi, just wanted to say hi and I know how you are feeling. I'm having a sleeve on 19th Nov at portsmouth. Good luck and hope all goes well!

Thanks Audrasharon - good luck to you too! Not so far from me, maybe we can compare notes after!!

Yeah that would be good. I start the milk diet on 4th Nov and anaesthetist assessment on Friday. What date did you get?

My op is the 11th November, my consultant doesn't do the milk diet, it's called a liver shrinkage diet and is basically low cal..

Have done 3 .5 days on pre- op diet and so far lost 5lbs (woo hoo)!! :D Anyone know if you can have a sweetener in coffee at this stage or will that knock me out of ketosis? :confused: I can't seem to bear tea at moment (usually 6 cups a day). I can drink tea without sweetener but not coffee!

Back