• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie had first Consultation

Hi Janet
Im doing well thank you. Im 9 days post op and everything is going well.

When do you find out what your randomised for? I was adamant i didnt want a band but after a chat with Mr Byrne saw it would be ok, luckily as i was randomised for one.

Good luck with everything and keep me updated x

Hi everyone
Been reading your inspirational posts and I'm a newbie too, on the By-Band study with Jeremy Hayden at Leeds. Don't know what i'll be randomised to yet but have done the first recorded interviews with JH + the lovely research nurse Catherine. Due to speak to her tmw to arrange the pre-op assessment/full consent to the trial. I too have had a wobble about the possibility of being randomised to a band, but JW reassured me...maybe to get me on the trial but hopefully because either route is a good option. Looks like surgery could be 2 weeks from consent - eek!

Wilsnip - I really need to know - are you really 13' tall? ;)
Well done so far!!

Lol didnt realise it came out as that will have to alter it im actually 5ft 5. Good luck for the randomisation i know i was panicking for a bit, but happy with my band at the mo. Fingers crossed it will be a smooth journey!

Back