• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie had first Consultation

Jessxx

Hi Wilsnip. I am also due to have surgery at the Spire in the next few months and have been randomised to the bypass, which I was really pleased about. I am just waiting for my pre-op assessment.
Good luck for your surgery on 30th October.
It will be really good to hear how you got on so make sure you keep us all posted! :)
How have you found everything so far?

xx

Wilsnip

Hi Wilsnip. I am also due to have surgery at the Spire in the next few months and have been randomised to the bypass, which I was really pleased about. I am just waiting for my pre-op assessment. Good luck for your surgery on 30th October. It will be really good to hear how you got on so make sure you keep us all posted! :) How have you found everything so far? xx

Hi Jess
Good to hear from you, and good luck with the pre-op. Im having a slight wobble about being ramdomised for the band so am going to talk to Mr Byrne on Wednesday to either settle on the band or go for a sleeve or bypass. Im due to start the liver shrinking diet on 16th.
x

Jessxx

Hiya,

What options did you get with the liver shrinking diet?
How did your pre op appt go? Did they mention whether you would have to have an endoscopy?
xx

Wilsnip

Hiya, What options did you get with the liver shrinking diet? How did your pre op appt go? Did they mention whether you would have to have an endoscopy? xx

Hi jess
I was offered either milk or v low calorie diet, i have opted for the milk one (less temptation lol). Pre op was have bloods taken, chat with dietician, and anaesthetist. No mention of an endoscopy. Appt was fine but took over three hours so take something to read!
x

Jessxx

Thanks for the info. I was worrying about the endoscopy so it's good to know they don't do it as standard!
Xx

janet_hi

Hi jess
I was offered either milk or v low calorie diet, i have opted for the milk one (less temptation lol). Pre op was have bloods taken, chat with dietician, and anaesthetist. No mention of an endoscopy. Appt was fine but took over three hours so take something to read!
x

Good luck on your journey

Wilsnip

Hi Jess
Well I'm on day 8 of my pre-op diet. Weighed myself yesterday and have lost 13 and a quarter pounds so I was very happy, if a bit shocked. I think next week will be a lower loss as think it was the shock to my body that resulted in such a good loss. Just thinking this time next week I will be a gander.

How are things with you? x

Jessxx

Wow thats an amazing loss! Well done.
I'm good thank you. Have been given a pre op date of 30th Oct, which is amazing. How long did you have to wait after the pre op before you were given your op date? x

Wilsnip

Wow thats an amazing loss! Well done. I'm good thank you. Have been given a pre op date of 30th Oct, which is amazing. How long did you have to wait after the pre op before you were given your op date? x

Hi jess
I was phoned with a date following my pre-op assessment, probably about a week. x

janet_hi

Jessxx

Great, thanks for that.
And how long was there between your pre op appt and your operation date? x

Jessxx

Ignore my question, Ive just got the answer from reading earlier posts! Silly me!
Hope all goes well with your op. Only 2 days to go! eeeee!
I'm excited for you! x

Wilsnip

Ignore my question, Ive just got the answer from reading earlier posts! Silly me! Hope all goes well with your op. Only 2 days to go! eeeee! I'm excited for you! x

Hi Jess
Im surprisingly calm, bet i wont be on Thursday morning! Good luck with your pre-op appointment. Must pack my hospital bag tonight! x

Jessxx

How did you get on Wilsnip? Hope everything went well.
I was given a date this morning of 27th November so I am seriously excited!
By the way, how did you find the anaesthetist at your pre assessment? Was it Dr Sampson?
Xx

Wilsnip

How did you get on Wilsnip? Hope everything went well. I was given a date this morning of 27th November so I am seriously excited! By the way, how did you find the anaesthetist at your pre assessment? Was it Dr Sampson? Xx

Hi Jess
Im home, a bit sore and tired but looking forward to a new me. All the staff are fab, Dr Sampson was my anaesthetist, he is a gem, such a lovely man. Mr Byrne was amazing, my cuts are tiny! Not long for you to wait now, bet your getting revved up for your liver reducing diet, are you going to do the milk or food one? I tried the milk but didnt get on with it, so switched to the food one. I lost a stone in total on it. Im off for a snooze now as didnt get too much sleep last night x

Jessxx

Congratulations and well done! I saw Dr Sampson at my pre assessment and thought the exact opposite to you...but I guess I will see when I have the op!
I will be doing the milk diet as I have done Cambridge type diets in the past and feel more comfortable on all liquid when I am trying to lose a lot.
I have started dieting hard from today really, as I want my liver to be as reduced as possible.
Good luck with your recovery! Keep me posted xxx

Wilsnip

Congratulations and well done! I saw Dr Sampson at my pre assessment and thought the exact opposite to you...but I guess I will see when I have the op! I will be doing the milk diet as I have done Cambridge type diets in the past and feel more comfortable on all liquid when I am trying to lose a lot. I have started dieting hard from today really, as I want my liver to be as reduced as possible. Good luck with your recovery! Keep me posted xxx

Hi Jess

I think it depends, all i can say is he was fab on the day and made me feel in safe hands. Good luck with the liver shrinking diet, its good that your used to it as i found it hard going (on the milk one). Bet your getting excited as its getting closer. x

janet_hi

Hi Wilsnip, I went for my 1st appointment yesterday and I will be doing the By-band study too! SoiI'm leaving my op to the randomiser lol! Well 50/50 chance, I did say that it should be a study of the three ops to get an accurate study of which op is best! How are you doing?