• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie

danni*

Hi all! I'm new to this site and to this kind of thing! I'm am a serial dieter and having tried almost every diet under the sun I decided to take the plunge and so I've just had a gastric band put in! I'm hoping to talk to others who have had the same or similar procedures done for support, questions and general chit-chat!
I was wondering whether anyone here came away from their initial surgery with some fill in their bands already? And also whether anyone was having any issues with hunger as I am?!
look forward to chatting with folks x

hi and welcome to the site danni im sure someone will be along soon to help answer your questions as there are a few banders on here x

Hello there and welcome too the forum. Some ppl do have fills put in there band when the band is initial put in , hunger after the initial op is quite normal as the swelling would have gone down etc, this is where u need to be quite strict with regards too what you eat until your first fill ( normally 6-8 weeks after the initial op) some times it takes a few fills ( depending on size of ur band) too get too proper restriction and this can take some time, having the band isnt like the other ops ( sleeve/rny bypass) it takes a lot of fine tuning HTH - All the best - MeJulie xx

Hi Welcome to the site. Blue Diamond always gives good advice and has been around for some time. I'll leave you to those with first hand experience just wanted to say hi.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a gastric bypass done in August this year so I can't help you with specific band questions, but there are plenty who can.
I just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to getting to know you.
Grace xxx

Hello hun, welcome to our lovely site, I am sure some banders will be on to answer your questions.

Good luck with your WL journey.

Hi Danni and :welcome: to WLS, Im a bypasser myself so cant help with specific band questions but feel free to ask any questions and if I can I will answer them :D XX

Back