• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie

Peachie

Hi I'm from North Wales and due for my first appointment with Mr Ammori on Thursday 5th. I am also having my sleep test overnight tomorrow night and going to see the psychologist at Salford on Thursday. Min has been a long journey, I have been overweight for as long as I can remember and was finally referred for funding for a bypass in May08 after using orlistat and trying every diet under the sun. I was so excited to finally be referred but had still not heard about the funding in May last year. Every time I called to ask I was told it takes time, finally I asked them to chase it up and was told that my application had been thrown out July 09 through a mistake, so the whole process had to start again. I finally received funding in Jan and was over the moon, now finding myself really nervous about the appointment, I'm more scared that they will find a reason for me to not have the op, even though I know I meet all the criteria!

Has anyone else had their bypass through Salford? Sorry for waffling, I don't know when to stop!

Zoe

Welcome Zoe :welcome2:

You have had a long old rocky road to get here and I hope that all goes well for your appointment on Thursday...I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck all goes well:fingerscrossed:

Hi and Welcome Zoe, Good Luck with your appointment on the 5th xx

:)Hi Zoe:)
Welcome to our world!
Hope the appoints went well
-Mr A is fab:)

Thanks Mr Ammori was lovely, I am just settling in for the wait now! Am a bit nervous because if they can't do a bypass because I am too big they are going to do a sleeve and I'm not sure I want that, but beggars can't be choosers and they have said they can later turn it into a bypass!

good luck

Hi Peachie! There are loads of people with your surgeon on here and I have read lots of glowing reports from their posts! You are in expert hands and I wish you all the best x

Hi Peachie and good luck xx

nicky

Hi there,
Professor Amori did my surgery. You are in excellent hands with him.
I wasn't refused surgery and I was very heavy. Your stats dont give any info, but perhaps this is by choice.
Take care and don't worry too much. It will be fab once it is all over.
Lynne x

Thanks Lynn I am over 30 stone! God no-one else knows that apart from the doc and my mum. Am so ashamed even saying it, mr Amoori was lovely and even though a sleeve had been recommended by Mr New he seems to think the bypass will work, so am keeping my fingers crossed and starting the pre-op diet tomorrow as they want me to do it for the extra weeks to lose as much as I can before the op(could be up to18 weeks), but am determined I won't wake up to Mr Ammori telling me h couldn't do it because I had not lost enough. I know I am going to find it really hard though!

Zoe

Hi Peachie

I too am over the 30 stone mark and no one else apart from docs know this, certainly not my family or friends!!

good luck

Hi Zoe and Welcome. Good Luck with your weightloss journey you are in safe hands with Mr Ammori.

Back