• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie!

Gemby28

Hi All,

I've just signed up and have had a bit of a look round. Far too much info on here for me to take in so thought I'd just introduce myself.

I am having gastric band surgery with the hospital group on 22nd October so got a bit of a wait. I'm receiving mixed reactions from friends and family so am here to talk to some like-minded people and get an idea of what to expect!!

Here's hoping!

Welcome but I' m afraid I am of no use to you I am a bypasser. THere are quite a few banders on here am sure some one will be coming a long to chat shortly, good luck with your wl journey xx

Hello and welcome,

I am having my band on the 1st Sept, we can go through this together.

This forum has been a great help to me.

Jane x

Welcome

Hiya welcome and good luck with your journey. xx

Hi, welcome to the forum.
There's loads of great advice to be had from lovely people, no question is too silly or insignificant!
Lots of luck on your WLS journey.
Em xxxx

Thank you for the welcome! Fab40- You'll have to keep me updated with how you get on. Are you on the pre-op diet bit yet? Where are you having your surgery?

It all feels unreal to me. I've been big for so long that the thought of being 'normal' isn't processing! Still got a while to think about it I guess. There are some amazing stories on here so feeling excited!!! :bliss:

Hiya - welcome to WLS and your weight loss journey. I was banded by Sirgudsson at THG on 3 August. Personally I was impressed with the service on the day of surgery and aftercare so far has been fine. I'm so pleased with my decision and about 2st 4lbs down since my pre op diet started. It is by no means a quick fix (whatever anyone else thinks!) but it is a great positive way to take control and turn life around again. More than happy to share whatever my limited experience allows! Tracey xxx

Welcome :) that time will fly by, I came here a few weeks ago and had my band fitted last thursday :) this place has been a wonderful help!

Kat x

Hi Gemby28,

I am on the pre op diet at the moment and feel up and down to be honest, but need to shrink my liver for the op!

As the time is getting closer, i am all over the place to be honest but cant wait to work with the band and see the results!

I am having my surgery at a hospital in Farnham Hampshire with Streamline Surgical.

This site is helpful and we will stay in touch I am sure.

Jane x

Back