• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie with so many questions!

NorthamptonGirl

Hi all :)
I've just signed up so thought I would come and introduce myself before I start bombarding you all with my questions!
I found this website by mistake, but I am glad I did as it looks like a great place, with lots of useful information.

I'm Sam, 27, from Northampton.

I have always had weight problems and am finally at the point where I know I have to do something about it.

I have a appointment on May 12th with a NHS clinic to talk about weight loss options.

But I also have a appointment on May 19th at The Hospital Group in Bromsgrove to talk about going private.

(Anyway, I'll go into all that in another post..)

So yeah... hi :)

Hi Sam, i'm a Sam too, and just about to have a gastric bypass (tomorrow touch wood). Good luck with your journey. I probably would have gone private if i had the money (or could have got a loan) but had to do the old NHS waiting game instead. I have been on this journey since Oct 2012. but hopefully will be worth the wait. Welcome to the forum, these guys are a wealth of knowledge and experience. :)

Hi and welcome I too went private via THG in Bromsgrove :)

samp24 -
hi :) best of luck for tomorrow!!! let me know how it goes??

Butterfly_lady -
hi :)
what was THG in Bromsgrove like? Would you recommend them?

I found them to be very good, I tried 3 companies in total and I really liked Mr Richardson and the rest of the staff, I had my bypass at Solihull the BUPA hospital which was really nice :)

hi sam im also northampton the nhs route was short for me referred august surgery 2 weeks ago so hi and welcome

one thing i should add is there are no support groups in northampton so you would have to travel to them wherever you have the op at this is not an option for me but may help you decide incase you do go nhs route and have to jump hoops luckily i didnt

Butterfly_lady -
Thank you :)

princess4d4 -
wow, that's really quick!
i have heard you have to go to weekly meetings etc.. my initial meeting is in Luton - would that mean having to travel to Luton every week then if there are no groups in Northampton? Or just for the op itself?

princess4d4 -
wow, that's really quick!
i have heard you have to go to weekly meetings etc.. my initial meeting is in Luton - would that mean having to travel to Luton every week then if there are no groups in Northampton? Or just for the op itself?[/QUOTE]

there are no meetings or op i had mine in birmingham under heartlands so yes you would have to travel to luton for each meeting

Hello Sam !
welcome to a great group of people ,I look forward to reading your next posting

Hi Sam,

Welcome! I'm pre op having my sleeve a week today. Eeeek.

Good luck on your journey to the new you xx

Welcome to the group!

My experience was the same as Princess4d4 - referral in August 2013, surgery was 13 days ago. I had a RNY Gastric Bypass, via the NHS.

Ask all the questions you want - we're all in this together.

Dave

thanks for all the replies :)
i am going for my private consultation on saturday!

thank you... and good luck :)

Back