• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another Question - Sorry! :)

hayley1983

Hey everyone!

Just wanted a bit of advise but don't know if there is anyone out there that has taken this route.

I have mentioned in previous threads that I have opted to go private for the Gastric Band through WLSG.

I was meant to go to my doctors this week to ask this question but had to cancel due to work commitments so I've decided not to go until I'm back from Vegas :)

I am initially paying for my surgery myself privately, and included is 2 years unlimited fills.....

But my problem is after the 2 years, I'm stuck in the sense I will have to pay for more fills etc if needed.

I meet all the criteria for my local PCT, but I do not want to wait a year for the procedure on the NHS. So my questions are:

Has anyone been accepted by the NHS to carry on any further treatment after their deal with the private provider is up? eg. fills, replacement band etc

and

If yes, do I compile a letter to send to my local PCT to point my case across or is this all done by my doctor?

I feel I would be able to put a letter together to my advantage that would help get what I want.

Hope this makes sense :eek:

Thanks everyone :)

i would advise a word with the gp about after care when your package runs out as the nhs wont usually take private patients unless theres complications as there waiting lists for nhs aftercare is also very high from there own patients.

Cheers Liz :)

Can you not extend your after care package once the two years are up, a bit like extending the warranty on your car after the first 2 or 3 years ?

I'd image after 3 years you would have got your fill level right and lost the majority of your weight, so do the number of fills you need decrease.

Guess this is another problem banders have to face long term !

Can you not extend your after care package once the two years are up, a bit like extending the warranty on your car after the first 2 or 3 years ?

I'd image after 3 years you would have got your fill level right and lost the majority of your weight, so do the number of fills you need decrease.

Guess this is another problem banders have to face long term !

hi SS looking into extending the after care package is a great idea, after 3 years fills are still required as part of the fill is naturally lost after 1-3 months and will need topped up regular to keep the food/calory intake down and the good restriction levels right, which can get rather pricey, so asking the prices of extended packages is a good question to ask the providor, unless its THG coz there crap with after care x

I think I'm going to speak to my doctor about it. If I can get any after care and future replacement band on the NHS then great, but if not, then thats OK too.

I just have it in my head that I'm saving them money and a patient to start with, so hopefully they can carry on my progress in years to come. Or, I could go on a long waiting list with the NHS where they will have to perform my surgery and aftercare, and any future procedures.

It's worth a try, but if not then I'm happy to stick with WLSG :)

hi hayley im having my op with wlsg and asked wendy when i had my consultation about after your package ends you can purchase another package
6mths 349.50
12mths 699.00
24mths 999.00
or 85.00 per fill
hope this helps xxheather

hi hayley im having my op with wlsg and asked wendy when i had my consultation about after your package ends you can purchase another package
6mths 349.50
12mths 699.00
24mths 999.00
or 85.00 per fill
hope this helps xxheather

Thanks Heather! :)

hi hayley wlsg have just put their aftercare up to 3years as well 2years inlimited fills and 3fills in year 3 !! Xheather

Oooh thats handy to know! :) xxx

Back