• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Re-fills and De-fills with The Hospital Group

vanilla-cupcake

Hi everyone, I have my consultation next Saturday with Dr Paul Super and obviously I will ask this question then but I just thought I would ask you guys first.

I am going through The Hospital Group and paying £7k for the Band, do any of you know how many re-fills and de-fills are included in the cost and how long does my aftercare last?

I had a quote from them yesterday for a band and it was 7k incl. 12 months aftercare max of 4 band refills.
Good Luck with your op, sounds like I am in the same position as you, band op soon and paying for it myself, look forward to hear of your progress.

Hi i had mine it includes 4 fills and 1 year after care i am so gald i had it done lost 30 pound so far but feel so much better already.Good luck on your journey.

I have also had mine, with a years after care etc, but feel a bit deflated with the Hospital group, they were great to start with, then the seconed i had the op- no-one really seems bothered, or all the things they promised, they have not come through etc????

Hi everyone, I have my consultation next Saturday with Dr Paul Super and obviously I will ask this question then but I just thought I would ask you guys first.

I am going through The Hospital Group and paying £7k for the Band, do any of you know how many re-fills and de-fills are included in the cost and how long does my aftercare last?

hi there - I'm in NI too - one of my clients went for gastric band with hospital group (holywood ?) - padi 7K.....which included 3 fills....extra fills £150 each :)

hope that helps....

good luck !

Debz x

Hospital group are not the best for aftercare. I am with healthier Weight (Paul Super also). I paid 7K and get aftercare for life(including Dietician, support groups, Bariatric nurse, 24 hour helpline) and unlimited fills for 12 months.

Hi Wanna be,

I was done by Hospital Group almost 3 weeks ago and had the £7000 option which is to include 1 years aftercare and 4 fills.
the hospital staff were wonderful, but almost 3 weeks down the line I've heard nothing from them, not even a courtesy call to make sure I was ok after going home. I was told I'd be contacted within 5 working days of going home...I'm still waiting.
I was also told that I'd be in a room of my own...I had to share with another lady.
I used their car service to take me too & from hospital. On the way to Dolan Park, the driver, once he'd collected me informed me that we were then going to collect another lady in St Helens Merseyside...I live in Co Durham, so in all I was travelling nearly 5 hours :mad:
Fortunately, I did have the car to myself on the way home, otherwise I'd have been distraught having all that travelling post op :cry:
I'm still waiting to speak to a dietician and only have 1 week left before I move onto 'normal' food :(

up to now I've given them the benefit of the doubt, but if I don't hear from the dietician by Tuesday, I will be ringing them....and making a formal complaint about the promises they made and haven't kept.

sorry to sound so negative, but it's a lot of money...please choose carefully :raincloud:

Hospital group are not the best for aftercare.....

have heard that....couple of my clients have had other procedures done by Hospital Group and have not been ompressed by aftercare......they seem to be fine if everything goes OK....but not so good if there are problems......:(

Debz x

Red I posted this on Sues thread it may help..........

Hi ladies.......I was talking to Wendy Stubbs at WLSG (formerly she was at the Hospital Group) when I had my fill last weekend about exactly this sort of problem and she said to me she would talk to anyone (banded with WLSG or not) if they were really concerned or had questions that they cant get answered from their providers< she promised there would be no hard sell but as a trained nurse she was very worried about people who cant get answers as would offer free medical advice on the phone. The contact number for them is on the website....many people on here have aftercare from Wendy and Ive not heard a bad word about her yet :)

Hi Wanda

thankyou that's good to know. I just have a bad vibe about this aftercare thing...I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be onto them next week...I'll be their very worst nightmare if they don't pull their fingers out :sign0151:

Thats ok Yvonne.....PM me if you like and i can offer more advice.....I dont give all my thoughts / advice on here as ive been bullied about it before by some people on here and Im now rather wary of posting things and I would rather talk person to person :eek:

Thats ok Yvonne.....PM me if you like and i can offer more advice.....I dont give all my thoughts / advice on here as ive been bullied about it before by some people on here and Im now rather wary of posting things and I would rather talk person to person :eek:

Wanda, have tried to PM you but it cant find your username?
could you PM me and I'll reply to you from there :D

Back