• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Answers to my questions....???

Protein in general fills you up far faster than carbs. It stays in your pouch longer and is broken down a lot slower. So that really helps your weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shelbell is right. Any kind of meat keeps me full for a very long time.

thanks guys, meat everyday then, must remember that one x

I won't have any problems with that Sarah will you? I'm a big meat eater, luv meat xxx

Hi Sarah, I am also waiting to hear about my op - exciting times ahead!!

Hi Shel, keep coming back to you on different threads and cant get over your pictures - you must be so proud of yourself xx well done you xx cant wait to have "before" pics. Ruth xx

Hi Sarah, I am also waiting to hear about my op - exciting times ahead!!
Definitely phil, i have to keep it in check sometimes as i get abit carried away lol. What stage are you at hun...have you got your funding?

I won't have any problems with that Sarah will you? I'm a big meat eater, luv meat xxx
Yeah me too keeley, steak, pork, chicken, bacon, beef, lamb, turkey, you name it, i'll be eating it lol x

Next question!!

Q) when post oppers say they eat til full/satisfied, is that the same feeling as it is before surgery? having to force yourself to put the fork down because you want to eat it all? Or can you not physically down another mouthful ?

Hi - I have lost 80lb in my first six months:D:D:D:D xx

xxsarahxx said:
Next question!!

Q) when post oppers say they eat til full/satisfied, is that the same feeling as it is before surgery? having to force yourself to put the fork down because you want to eat it all? Or can you not physically down another mouthful ?

Sometimes I have to stop before I want to, I think we all feel that sometimes, pre and post op! It takes time to get used to not being able to eat your body weight in food.

The fullness post op, it is easy to eat too much in the early days and feel really uncomfy, you soon learn to stop before then and learn how to truly listen to your stomach. Now there is a difference between satisfied and full, and that's what you have to learn.

831phil said:
Hi Shel, keep coming back to you on different threads and cant get over your pictures - you must be so proud of yourself xx well done you xx cant wait to have "before" pics. Ruth xx

Thanks Ruth, the support I got here through my journey made those pictures possible, hopefully it will be your turn soon x

Hi again - I know when to stop as I have a built in alarm system called 'two hiccups!' for some unknown reason as I begin to reach capacity I get this warning!! However I now just know when I am getting to that stage and stop before I feel uncomfortable. Its almost like I physically cant eat any more and I know I would feel sick if I did! The fact that I enjoy food but dont ever feel 'like I could eat a horse' which was a daily thing with me before is very odd but something that I still actually like and hope doesnt go away!

Thanks you for your replies x

Back