• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anti Embolism Stockings!! Yuk!!

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
They are driving me nuts! First I cant put them on by myself, it just hurts too much to bend into any shape where I can reach my feet and pull these things on. Sleeping with them is a nightmare, as they make my legs really hot and itchy. And I have just read in my discharge info letter that I am supposed to wear them for six weeks:eek: How did everyone else cope?

OMG - I hate those!! :(

I did not have to wear them, so cannot help but I know they are uncomfortable but persevere, they are there for a reason xx

i didnt either . but on my various hospital stays lol i had them and scratched my legs to bits x

Hi Dawn,

Have you tried using talcolm powder on your legs prior to applying them, as it will help you get them on easier? I think that Kleeneze used to sell something to help put tights etc on. If you live in S.Manchester, there is a disabled appliance shop on the Washway Rd, Timperley (just after The Pelican Pub and before the traffic lights at ? Park Rd). They might have something to help.

I had to wear those for 10 days after my op and theyre a bloody nightmare getting on Lol, but Yeps I found a sollution slide one of those lil freezer/sandwich bags on your foot first going over the ankle pop your stocking on over the top (It goes on easy peasy) then pull the bag out from the bottom through the little hole under the toe area when you have got past the ankle and Hey presto!! Gail x

mine were removed 1 day after surgery in hospital. 6 weeks seems a bit excessive

Lol I'd forgotten about those lovely things! :rolleyes: I had to wear mine for two weeks. Gail's idea is a good one to help get them on.

Cuppa xx

Isn't it odd how different teams give you different instructions. You would think that there is a right way for everything. I only had to wear them until 1 day after the op. They kept slipping down so the top seam was below my knee and were very constricting, having completely the wrong effect.
John xx

Mine are green and Salford Royal said 3 weeks, funny isnt it same surgeon different rules.
I am still waiting for my post of diet plan !!! 1 week old my band is tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stockings that kill me, flatulence that kills the old man............ What else is there to look forward to? Hmmm take the second one off its already a problem... :) xx

had to do injections instead which were alot easier i think by thesounds of it.
good luck x

I didn't have any because there wasn't any big enough to go on my legs so it just goes to show as long you are moving your legs you don't need them!!!! Your taking your injections anyway and there have been tests done and published in some medical journals that they are not as effective as actually moving/walking in some studies they found that they were more restictive - so some hospitals now are reviewing using them.

Sending hugs and fairy dust xx

Back