• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tips,, Good Ideas and Brainwaves!

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
This site is a goldmine of information. I have found so much help on here. Trouble is things move so fast I lose track. So, I thought I would start this thread as a place to put all those fab helpful things you have discovered on your journey. Course I am going to pretty dumb if no-one responds;)

The Dreaded Liquid Diet:
Discovered Dream Topping, and also discovered it freezes really well. So I put some in small pots and there you go, an easy dessert. Just have to make sure it has melted in your mouth before you swallow! This also works with NAS Angel Delight.

Muller Light Yogurts, just put them straight into the freezer.

Put some cloudy apple juice into a pan with an equal amount of water. (my diet sheet says I have to water down any fruit juice, but this is so much better if you can just have it neat!)Add a sachet of mulled wine spices, heat, pour into a nice cup, and sip. Ooh so warming, and makes a nice change.
Sleeping on your Side Post-op
I cannot take the credit for this one, I read it on here. Invest in a V shaped pillow (mine was £8 from Dunelm Mill)Put one part between your legs and the other part against you, and you just rest your tummy on it. I tried and it worked a treat.
Those Darn Anti Embolism Stockings
I posted how I struggled to get the things on, and got some great ideas.
From Rebirth -"Have you tried using talcolm powder on your legs prior to applying them, as it will help you get them on easier? I think that Kleeneze used to sell something to help put tights etc on. If you live in S.Manchester, there is a disabled appliance shop on the Washway Rd, Timperley (just after The Pelican Pub and before the traffic lights at ? Park Rd). They might have something to help."
From Gail-Michelle:I found a solution slide one of those lil freezer/sandwich bags on your foot first going over the ankle pop your stocking on over the top (It goes on easy peasy) then pull the bag out from the bottom through the little hole under the toe area when you have got past the ankle and Hey presto!!

Sheer genius Gail, it worked so well.

Thats all I can remember for now, but please do add anything you can, I know there are some excellent tips out there.

Last edited:
weekly dosset box for tabs £1 from the pound shop. also set a reminder on yr phone whilst you get into the habit of taking yr suppliments.

Cook up some batches of fish, chicken, mashed potato, vegetables, stewed apples or anything else you like before your op. Blitz them with a blender, pop into ice cube trays and freeze. Transfer to freeezer bags. When you are post op and progressing from liquids to sloppy foods, just remove 2/3 cubes, blast in the microwave, add milk to thin if necessary and grated cheese for extra protein and you have perfect nutritious, sloppy meals ready in minutes.

Cuppa xx

I froze my disgusting chocolate whey protein and it turned out to be a delicious frozen chocolate mouse!

Lol Lisa I tried that with my banana whey protein and turned out like frozen scrambled egg! :eek:

Cuppa xx

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:I'm glad i bought the chocolate one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back