• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any banders Southmead Hospital Bristol?

slimbydecember

Just wondered if anyone is going to or has had a band on the NHS at this hospital?

I have NHS funding and was send to Southmead Hospital, Bristol,
I had my endoscopy on the 15th June and will have my esophageal manometry on the 27th July at the Royal Bristol Infirmary.

How was the camera? i'm very nervous and I have opted for sedation.

How long have they told you the waiting list is? After the tests are you having your pre-op?

How are you finding maintaining/losing your weight?

I didn’t have the sedation; it’s all over in about 10 minutes. The worse part was the taste of the numbing spray they use; it was supposed to taste of bananas (it doesn’t).
You can say you don’t want the sedation and if you find you can not manage they will stop and give you the sedation it’s all done in the same room so they don’t mind you trying it without the sedation first if you want.
If you can manage without the sedation you get to go home as soon as you have finished reading the information they give you after the endoscopy. If you have sedation you have to stay there for 1 to 3 hours after the endoscopy.

They said the waiting list is about 13 weeks after all the tests.

At the moment they have said I will be going on a very low fat yoghurt diet for a week prior to the operation.

They only need you to show you are committed by losing weight regularly, if you can lose some weight each time they see you they are happy, they do not set a weight target for you to achieve.

Back