• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any fellow banders out there???

tracyt84

hi,im currently on a 6 month waiting list for the gastric band and would like to hear from other banders please of your views,good or bad,do u regret it etc?thankyou xxxx

Nothing to regret .....now I'm 4stone lighter (and counting) ....turns out I don't need mcd's, pizza, kebabs, kfc afterall lol :) x

Hiya hun, banded yesterday and delighted with my decision!x

sooo happy theres more of you :) everyone seems to be getting the bypass these days xxx

ill be getting my op date in 6-8 weeks eeekkk its more exciting then xmas xx

Even though i am a very slow looser I am still delighted with my band. Slowly but surely I am gaining control over my life and food is no longer rulling it. My confidence is growing. 6 months ll fly by xxx

Hi, Alot of willpower is still required with the band and to be totally honest, I still struggle.
Having said that, I don't regret it for a second and Iam 5 stone lighter but it is not an easy route.
I would rather be struggling with my band than without it, if only chocolate didn't slip through so easily!
good luck x

So do u still get hungry with the band as much as before u had it as if u were on a regular diet?? Also for those who got the band on the nhs how long until ur first fill and does that hurt??many thanks xx

Since having my band iv realised I ate alot of the time due to boredom. Iv asked myself am I actually hungry and it's often no. I'm still on the liquids stage of my post op and I don't feel I'm going without.... It's just habbit that I want to go get bread all the time :) good luck with your band xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The band does take will-power to be really successful as you can still make the wrong food choices ... but it is a fab tool to help weight loss.

:D I LOVE MY BAND

I love my band too but as everyone says, its not a quick, easy fix. I'm not that hungry with good restriction but I struggle with comfort eating and thats the hard bit really. A band doesn't stop you eating the wrong things...but it stops you eating food in massive quantities. It helps you to diet because you can eat less but not feel like you're starving to death!! Also, if or when you have a 'blip' it can't be a big 'blip' because it brings you back to earth quickly.
I'm having a blip just now but its not a stone and a half blip like it used to be....its a 5lb blip with alcohol and chocolate!! The difference is that I don't have that gut wrenching anxiety that I won't be able to get the control back because thats the single most important thing for me about my band, is that it has given me control again. I can cheat it if I want to. But I can use it too. Which means I can have a fairly normal life. Flutterby said on another thread- this is the start of a new week and its all positive :)

That's a really brilliant post MrsPill. I've been watching YouTube diaries of banders and it really struck me that some of the extremely successful band gurus out there have had many weeks of staying the same and some gains eat but the difference is, over all they get there in the end.x

Hello soon 2 be fellow bander x

I had my band put in July 2010 ( so am 18th months post op) and my only regret is that I didn't have it done sooner.

I have gone from 242lbs ( 17st 4lbs) and now weighing 133lbs ( 9st 7lbs) losing a total of 109lbs ( 7st 11lbs) and have now been maintaining that weight loss for several months now. At the beginning when I was banded the op itself went swimmingly but when I went to have my first fill in the October the surgeon found my port had flipped upside down and I had to have another op to have my port repositioned and stitched in, this was done by mid November and that went well also no problems at all, then the fills began and I lost all my weight in 10 months. I currently have 5mils in a 7mil band and have fantastic restriction and have not needed another fill since feb 2011. Wishing you well with your journey and you soon be on the losers bench.

All the best - MeJulie xxx

Hi all,been quite a while since I last posted.I love my band,will of had it for 3 years come May-and ive never regretted it.Down from a size 20 to a size 8,and never felt better.Sometimes miss not being able to enjoy a full on 3 course meal with friends,and a big mac,I miss those too lol, but that is all-best thing i ever did,and such a relief to finally kiss my bigger days goodbye.

Xxxx

Back