• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Manor App Tomorrow - 2pm - 13th September

Marie1986

Im ready to start my life
Hey all..

I havent been around for absolutely ages, i didnt leave because i felt the site had served its purpose but because i needed that time to focus on my home life and my own banding journey with the advice id been given..

Since the surgery happened in Nov 2011.. I became unengaged and a single parent.. I lost in total 10stone and became consumed by my weight loss.. since then ive relaxed and found myself..

My little one has since started full time school and ive completed a skydive for charity and passed my driving test and ive been working since January this year..

I feel since my weight loss has happened, my life has been turned upside down and inside out.. in a good way though, i wont ever regret having the band because its enabled me to be me..

I openly talk about my surgery, im not ashamed of it one single bit! (i even think to some degree a gastric band is turning into a ''norm'' surgery..)
But i feel that if people judge weight loss surgery, they should know the truth behind it... and under no circumstance is it a ''cheat'' ''quick fix'' ''easy'' or whatever the press and some people chose to think/say.. because a Gastric band is HARD work.. its not easy and ill quite happily tell people my journey from start to finish so they get a better understanding of weight loss surgery..

Anyway.. after that short story.. If there are any new banders, some with worries.. or even any long standing banders.. or any type of surgery peeps.. pre/post op.. and they want a friendly chat whilst in that fabulous waiting room..

Then look out for me.. since my profile picture my hair is short but my weight loss didnt change my face.. :p so i still look as i do! hahaha..

Look foward to meeting you..

Regards, Marie x

Welcome back. Glad you are enjoying life and reaping the rewards of your hard work. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said about being open and honest, and about trying educate people that the band is no quick fix...well done ... enjoy your weight loss and non scale victories - because you are worth it! :D

What a positive story with so many changes and a big loss too! I'm just starting out on this journey, nearly 3 weeks post band surgery, a couple of stone down with a long way to go, reading stories such as this show me it is possible (its hard to imagine right now :) )

What a positive story with so many changes and a big loss too! I'm just starting out on this journey, nearly 3 weeks post band surgery, a couple of stone down with a long way to go, reading stories such as this show me it is possible (its hard to imagine right now :) )

Top Kat, It always does look like a long scary road and its not going to be easy but if you set yourself realistic goals.. and make sure you celebrate them because that will make the losing enjoyable..

You'll do great, the hardest part of weightloss surgery is admitting you have a problem in the first place and doing something about it..

Enjoy the journey.. Youll do fab!;)

Marie.. Ive seen you at the Manor hospital a few times, and weve even spoken and I never knew your name until now. I remember the earlier part of this year I saw you in the waiting room and I was dead nervous about everything and was with my mom, and we got talking a little while you were waiting for your band fill. I must say you look amazing, and you are one of the nicest people I ever met at the hospital. I admire your honesty you gave during the few mins we chatted and thank you for helping me make one of the best decisions in my life. Im at the hospital myself tomorrow, so unfortunately wont be able to thank you myself today in person, but truly, thank you x

Hiya all! I'm from wolverhampton! Im 26 years old. Currently on pre op diet started at 325lbs and today 308lbs. My op date 24/10/12 gastric band!

Hi Amzeen :) good to hear u got op date next few weeks will fly by!

Im realising how close it is now! Im ready i think but very excited! Mixture of emotions deep down i think im crappin myselfq

Back