• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any news about homerton anyone??

farzu

I have been calling the pct from last week but i think the number i got from diane is not in use any more. Its claire's number. When i spoke to diane last time she told me it depends on gp now. If the gp writes to the pct then the pct takes it seriously. Anyone has any news about homerton?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The Homerton has a very good, large Bariatric Team with an excellent reputation. Good Luck
x

hi x

Did you find out the info that you wanted? i'v been told i might be refered to the Homerton too so would be interested to find out any news about the hospital x hope you are well besides xx

Hi. I'm fine thanks. As far as i know after speaking to diane that the funding is stuck from october 2010. So many people are waiting. I have been waiting from november. When ever i called the pct i was told to call back after 'few' weeks. Don't know when this will end.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Farzu
It must be so frustrating for you but I actually met Diane last week (when I went with my hubby for his post op 3 month check up) and she's a lovely lady and totally on top of all the bariatric admin. She'll do whatever she can to sort stuff but obviously is constricted to your PCT agreeing to the funding.
Have you tried contacting your GP/surgery to see if they can give you any answers? They can find out directly from the PCT if the funding has been approved, or if they can let you know when you can expect to get a decision if not yet.
I hope it all goes well and you hear soon, it's hard playing the waiting game but fingers crossed you get the answers you want.

Sicknote - I agree with Sydenham, the whole bnraiatric team at Homerton have been great. My hubby had a straight forward bypass in Feb, mine was abandoned due to some issues (I won't go into it all now but it's all on my previous threads in end Feb/March) and my surgery is now June. Everyone we've both seen at Homerton, dieticians, consultants, nurses, etc have all been really good, can't fault them at all.

kurvykaren; Sicknote - I agree with Sydenham said:
Thankyou for the info, i'm still not sure what choice of hospital i will have but 1st heard of the homerton out the mouth of my bariatric surgeons sec the other day, she also said another one but i cant remember that one lolx thanks again and best wishes for your upcoming surgery xxxx

Latest News....

I have called the PCT this morning to ask about the funding. the person who answered the phone told me that Claire who was the head of funding leaft her jobs. Anyways She was really helpfull. She informed me that the decision regarding the funding have been made and i should get a letter by this week about it. She couldn't tell me if the funding was approved or not for me as she didn't have the list. I am very relieved to be honest as atleast i will know something by this week. So everyone who are waiting from last year for the decision... you should get the letter soon.

Its good you know they've made a decision.
Keep us posted!

Fantastic, well at least the balls rolling and you will know either way (i'm hopeful for good news for you) xx take care and grab that postman every day lol xx

Back