• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any UCLH people here?

Yarmouth is nice too. I go there quite a bit for volunteer stuff. Gosh time to start building on those last ever things. Can't imagine puréed fish and chips will be edible lol. I think you're obliged to get donuts and candy floss! When do you start the liver diet?

Mmmmm candy floss...
I love Yarmouth, although I haven't managed to get around a lot of it for the past couple if years, can only walk a little way without my back totally giving up :( :( the kids love it though, my youngest is autistic, so weekends to yarmouth give the other 2 a break away from him. He's happy just sitting on the beach :)
Will find out about liver diet when I get my date, from what I've read surgery should be 4-6 weeks after pre op, so I'm thinking my op will be end of May, beginning of June...
Asked them today what the pre op consists of as I just got the appointment letter in the post, which didn't tell me anything. Apparently I need to see the dietician about lsd & food after surgery. Then on to nurse for bloods & ecg.. Then to see surgeon again I think. I should then get surgery date a few days after that..

I couldn't believe how much blood they took on my one stop. I'm doing the research project as well so they've got my DNA on storage which is quite a cool thought. Perhaps you could hire an electric scooter for the few days so you can get around more.

I'm doing the research project too.
Don't think the kids would let me have a scooter lol, would definitely ruin their 'street cred' lol lol Hopefully in a few months I'll have lost enough to make this back pain disappear :) :)

Fingers crossed. Back pain sucks. When you've lost a bit and are looking for exercise type things then Pilates is meant to be good for back ache as it helps build your core. I've given in and rung UCLH apparently in not being discussed until next weeks MDT! ARGH it's killing me waiting.

Aarrgghhh at least you know you can ring Wednesday morning & find out the outcome. They should have the MDT meeting Tuesday afternoon. I really do feel for you, the waiting is a killer, just knowing that a group of people sitting round a table are going to decide your future! Have you had any more thoughts as to what surgery you would like?

Got here about 1:30. Had my fish & chips. Was a tad disappointed though, might have well as been a goldfish!! Ha ha
I'm having the sleeve, was all set for the bypass. Had done all my homework on it, then after seeing Mr Adamo he felt is was best to have the sleeve due to the risk of bowels problems being higher with my family history.
So came straight home & did some reading on the sleeve & I must admit it does seem to be less invasive than the bypass, with very similar results. So I'm happy :) :) :)

Hope your enjoying your Chinese tonight xxx

I can't believe how little I've eaten at the buffet. Ate so much I felt a bit sick and it was still less than previously before the tier 3 milk session. Sounds like you need a second run at the fish and chips tomorrow or maybe an ice cream or 2. Thought about you as I drove into norwich. Lots of signs for A47 to Yarmouth.

How disappointing for you, I'd feel violated if I didn't get my money's worth at a buffet!! Ha ha I must admit though since going through addenbrookes I can't manage what I use to.
Are you off to Cromer today??

I was going to but the traffic is mental so having the day with my boyf. He needs a hair cut as he's got a job interview next week so I'm making him do that. It's as bad as going to the dentist!! Then I might go for a walk around sandringham or Thetford forest. How's Yarmouth today? It's sunny here (in Kings Lynn at my boyf's) but there's a cold wind.

Lovely & sunny but with a slight breeze. Contemplating whether to have a bbq or not. Hope you have a lovely day x

Won't believe it's being done until I get on that operating table. What are you looking forward to most post op?? Mine are strange things lol... Matching bra & knicker set, doing the weekly shop without being bright red & pouring with sweat at the check out... The list goes on ha ha ha

I'm under the UCLH too - looking forward to crossing my legs, feeling comfortable in heels (not top heavy) and having choices in clothes shops !!!!

Hi Cam. I live in Bury but spend a lot of my life in norwich and Lynn. Whereabouts are you?
Thetford area, I'm 30-35yrs and waiting for my pre-op assessment. I find going by coach is the easiest way to get to the UCLH. Nice to share a journey like this with others in the same position

Hiya Cam, how have you found this whole journey? Has it taken you long? have you gone through smoothly. I do think everyone's is completely different. I was speaking to a lady in clinic one day that had to wait a total of 2 weeks from being offered surgery to actually having it done!! Total madness lol. Have you not been offered your pre op date yet? I thought they did that as soon as you had been agreed at MDT?? I must admit the closer I am getting, the more frightened I am. I think for the last few years it was just a pipeline dream, with hurdles always chucked in my way. But now there's not really a lot more that I can do... This is really happening!! :) :)

Hiya Cam, how have you found this whole journey? Has it taken you long? have you gone through smoothly. I do think everyone's is completely different. I was speaking to a lady in clinic one day that had to wait a total of 2 weeks from being offered surgery to actually having it done!! Total madness lol. Have you not been offered your pre op date yet? I thought they did that as soon as you had been agreed at MDT?? I must admit the closer I am getting, the more frightened I am. I think for the last few years it was just a pipeline dream, with hurdles always chucked in my way. But now there's not really a lot more that I can do... This is really happening!! :) :)

Congrats - when's your surgery date ??
What's a MDT ?
I started this whole process February 2014 and have lost 21lb since starting but with still a BMI of 48 now. Not sure how long it takes for UCLH to have a meeting and then I will get a pre-op assessment date, can't wait - the sooner, the better !!!! Exciting times, feels like I've been waiting all my life for this !!!

MDT - Multi Disciplinary Team. It's the meeting they have after your one stop appointment. You should be discussed around 2 weeks after your one stop appointment. You can call them to find out if you haven't heard, they are really good like that :)

I won't have my surgery date until a few days after my pre op, but think that it should only be about 4-6 weeks after, so haven't got long to wait :)

MDT - Multi Disciplinary Team. It's the meeting they have after your one stop appointment. You should be discussed around 2 weeks after your one stop appointment. You can call them to find out if you haven't heard, they are really good like that :) I won't have my surgery date until a few days after my pre op, but think that it should only be about 4-6 weeks after, so haven't got long to wait :)

Had MDT appointment on 15th April, so should hear at the end of April/May and then get my next appointment date - can't wait. How long has your journey taken ? What stage are you and how long till op ? Are you having by-pass ? Are you quite a well person ? Any tips ? Have you done the diet ? ...... So many questions!!!!!

Back