• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anybody at derby ?

debbieb

hi, was just wondering if anybody else on here was going through derby royal ?.. my weight loss journey is through royal derby, and i was just wondering about what your experiences are, my surgeon who i met for the 1st time in december , (mr leeder) is a very pleasant man and i was just wondering if anybody had anything to add.x

Hi Debbie

I am not at Derby but thought I would say good luck

Debbie x

Hi Debbie
Welcome to WLS. I went through Derby and had my surgery on 22nd November, Mr Ahmed was my surgeon and it really is a great place. It was a longish wait from being referred to having surgery, but was well worth the wait. Feel free to message me if you want to know anything, happy to try and help.

Your welcome x

thank you, i will, i am under mr leeder, i've had my 1st appointment in december, and my 3 month follow up is 2 weeks away..

Reactions: Bev
meeee but youve met me allready, lol - how you gettin on beth? would you be interested in helping ot set up a support group abit closer to home?

hi debbie im at derby with mr leeder i last went 13 jan and aqm waiting to get my surgery date good luck i only found this forum yesterday so new on here as well

welcome betty, yes mr leeder is a very nice, pleasant man, he explained alot to me,he gave me the option of a bypass instead of a band.
welcome to the site.x

hi debbie yes he is ver nice i thought i had the wrong name as everyone had a different surgeon he was really good explaining it all to me at first he said i could have a sleve as my bmi was higher then they like but have got my bmi down so now i can have a bypass just getting impaitent waiting for a date it seems ages ages and i havent even got to see the dietican untill im amitted for my op but have weekly weigh at gps so i know how im doing dont want to be bumped now have yoyoed for to many yrs

Hi
I am Derby too with Mr Ahmed. I have had lots of confusions along the way with my paperwork, which has been lost a couple of times - very frustrating - just waiting for my date now....you never know we might be in at the same time lol. We could hold each others hand?
I must admit I am fed up waiting, and going over the same ground again and again.... it's never ending. I must say though that everyone i have met at Derby has been brilliant - I just want to get it over and done with that's all.

i know what you meen, it does seem to be a bit of an eternal wait !!!..it took me a year to even see mr leeder, but in that year i had a mountain of tests , so i guess all the hard work was done before i got there....now it's just a case of never ending waiting .x:gimi:

Back