• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone!!

sap

Hiyaaaaa.....I just wanted to say hello as I have been reading your threads for a while now!!
I am 16 stone 8 pounds & I am booked in to have my gastric band on the 20th November. I was just wondering if anybody had any tips? Also, has anybody been with the Hospital Group? Mr Li is my surgeon?
Love S x

Hi
I was banded on 5/10/12 so good luck with it.
Tips....
Keep an I on wounds for any infection signs - feeling hot to the touch or bad smell
I wore my swimming costume post op which I know sounds weird but it gave my support for my 5 wounds and helped with the pain.
Follow the recommended diet, chew everything, eat slowly.
Focus on you.

GOOD LUCK X

Thank you for that LapBandBeck!!

If you dont mind me asking....How is your weightloss? Also, do you feel hungry before you have a fill?

I am so worried about spending all of this money and it not working? :(

S x

Just wanted to say Hiyaaaaaa back and good luck you will soon be on the losers bench xxx

Welcome and good luck to you, I didnt go with THG, but have had my band 11 weeks this week ~ I think if you are going into this totally aware that the band is a tool and not the fix then it will certainly help moving forward . . .I love my band and the way it has helped me make positive, healthy changes and choices in what I eat, how I eat and also the lifestyle changes that come with it :)

Hi there

I didn't have the same surgeon but was bandd with THG in August.

I have to say at this moment in time it is the best thing I have ever done, I have no regrets.

I have never felt so happy or positive for years, I know I will get to target weight now.

I don't have full restriction yet but have 7ml in a 14ml band and am managing fine on willpower. I don't feel particularly hungry much but am needing food more regular than 5 hours which I think is the ultimate target.

I am eating as follows: -

brekkie - pitta with boiled egg or ryvita and lite philly- 9am

dinner - varies but normally a crunchy salad, croutons and maybe mackerel or chicken and a bit of feta - 12.30ish

snack at 3 ish - bag of special k mini bites

tea at 6 ish - varies again but salmon/fish/turkey mince with veg/salad and maybe roast sweet potato or a jacket.

sometimes on a night i have some strawberries and a hi lite mousse.

i stick to the rules given to me by THG as in I eat for 20 minutes only, chew 20 times and wait 20 seconds between mouthfulls and I eat off a tea plate.

The first 2 weeks post op were liquid only and then 2 week mush.

I had a bit of pain post op but only muscular around stomach, like I'd done about 1000 sit ups, I coped with it ok and didnt bother with any meds, only calpol for 2 days or so. My port wound opened a bit but a nurse steri stripped it and it was fine.

If you need any more info just let me know x x and good luck x

Back