• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone at the homerton

vonny

is anyone being done on the 19th +/- few days at the homerton would be good to know someone when i'm there as im so far away from home xxx

vonny said:
is anyone being done on the 19th +/- few days at the homerton would be good to know someone when i'm there as im so far away from home xxx

I'm there on 19th for a dietician's appt at 9.00am. Had my surgery 16 months ago and happy to meet for a chat. Are you having your op that day?

An acknowledgement would have been nice - even if it was a "no thank you".

sorry i only just got your message still trying to figure out the board. Im have the op on the 19th would have been nice to have met you. What do you think of the Homerton and have you any advice? xxx

Sorry for the sarky comment in that case. I saw you had posted on other threads since but not answered mine. The
Homerton is good surgeon wise, however the ward I was on wasn't really geared up for bariatric patients so hospital meals didn't cater. I ended up getting my partner to bring me in protein drinks and yoghurt. The follow up care is very good though. Am still seeing dietician and surgeon twice yearly and I'm 17 months out. Best thing is it's near to me and has an a & e. Good luck. Have you got mannur or koak?

that's ok i just find this place a bit confusing as never sure where i've posted. I have Mr Mannur this time as last time the surgeon refused to do it. They said at my last dietitian appointment that i had to remind the people on the ward what i am allowed to have so seems like nothing has changed in that respect. Nerves are starting to set in now only tomorrow left and then im there. xxx

hi Vonny
I had my bypass at the homerton 6 weeks ago and I just wanted to tell you that the whole experience was so much better than I ever expected. Obviously its serious surgery but everyone is really friendly and they put you at ease before you go into theatre. I had Mr Mannur and he must have done a good job cos I was off painkillers 24 hours later and have had no problems at all (so far, touchwood!). I hope all goes as well for you. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Ange

Mr mannur is one of the best in the country so you are in good hands. I wasn't on pain killers at all

Thanks everyone you were all right Mr Maunra was amazing he was so reassuring and comforting esp. with my last experiance. I'm still taking mininal pain killers and on the usual fast tabs and clexiain jabs they gave me pepper mint water too but that makes me really windy so am steering well clear of that lol. im still shocked that the surgery has been done but im also very glad its over now its just getting to grips with the sipping and making sure i have enough sloppy foods for the next 3 weeks xxx

Back