• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for Mdt at HOMERTON?

Michelle79

Hello everybody just seen all the revelent people now and waiting for decision whether I will get the surgery at homerton hospital my consultant says it can take up to 8 weeks! Torture! Does any fellow Homerton people know how long the waiting is and has anyone been refused at this point, my consultant says I would benefit from surgery and I fit all the nice guidelines but can't stop stressing that they won't fund me

los in it

6 to 8 weeks sounds about right to me they have its MDT meeting once a week I think on a Tuesday and I understand a bunch of cases get discussed case history gone over how much work the patient has done towards WLS have they meet any targets set for them as well as medical tests/results they either say yes or they may want more tests or more evidence before reaching to an answer
I was told all this by one of the team when I asked how it all works

Tubbycustard

Hello sorry I know this is an old post but I’m under Homerton Hospital too, does the MDT meeting take place with me present or behind my back?

Also what if I have any updates in my health between that 6-8 weeks?

Parsnip

@MariaMaria83 was at Homerton I believe but she hasn't been about for a while. I have messaged her irl to ask her so she may pop on soon or I can post her reply. I know she has a lot on her plate ATM (no pun intended 😂)

MariaMaria83

Hey!! Yep I had my op at Homerton and no, you won’t be there when they have the MDT. And if you know when they are discussing you, you can call/email that same afternoon to find the outcome.
Any significant health changes, just pop them an email. Are you worried much will change?Which surgeon are you under? x

Bling Babe

Hey!! Yep I had my op at Homerton and no, you won’t be there when they have the MDT. And if you know when they are discussing you, you can call/email that same afternoon to find the outcome.
Any significant health changes, just pop them an email. Are you worried much will change?Which surgeon are you under? x
Lovely to hear from you, sorry I should post on your thread, how are you getting on ? Xx

Bling Babe

Hi Bling, yea I’m doing great thank you! 10stone down from heaviest weight now, so pleased.
how are you getting on now? x
Oh wow that’s fantastic your rocking this...I’m good thank you except I’ve put on 11lb since 23rd December so as from today I’m back in the zone fingers crossed xxx