• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone banded from leeds

gailm

Due to have my band this month
And would love some local support
I'm having my band at Dolan Park
But live in Leeds

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi there,

I don't live anywhere near you (Worcester in fact) but had my op 5th May at Dolan Park. Any questions feel free to ask. Got my first fill there tomorrow.

Thankyou for your reply
Can I ask how your experience at Dolan park was?
I'm so nervous going by myself so far away
Xx

Dolan Park is a lovely hospital - very clean and I felt very well looked after. You have your own room with flat screen tv and private bathroom.

I got there at 8am and a nurse came to fetch me from reception. I was shown to my room (13!) and she asked me some questions from my notes. I was given some sexy paper knickers and a gown to change into and also some support stockings. I had already had my blood taken at my consultation so just had to have a jab and an ECG. My surgeon Mr Sigurdsson came to see me to explain briefly what would happen again and ask if I had any questions and to sign the consent form. The anethetist came to talk to me then I was taken up in the lift to the operating theatre and put on a lovely paper hat. My wrist band was checked and I was taken into theatre where I lay on the table and had to put my arms out on side tables. A monitor was put on my finger on one hand and and a needle port thingy was put in my left hand. They put a mask over my nose and told me to count to 10. By 3 I was out and woke up in the recovery room shivering a bit. Next thing I remember I was being wheeled back to my room back to my husband who had been waiting there for me. You are allowed someone there. I was on a fluid drip and on a monitor for a while and kept drifting in and out of sleep. I woke up properly at about 1 o'clock (I came back to the room about 11.30). I was brought a jug of water and told to take small sips then was brought a cup of tea. Someone came to see me about every 20 minutes to check on me and see if I needed another drink etc. Mr S came in to see me to tell me it had all gone well. About 4 o'clock a nurse came to help me out of bed and I went to the loo and changed out of my gown and paper knickers whilst the nurse changed my bed. I was a in little bit of pain then when I got up. I was allowed then to come off the oxygen and was brought a smoothie for tea. By about 8 o'clock I was well enough to get my own hot drinks as there is a nice machine in the corridor. The lady in the room opposite had her door open and waved so I had a little wander over and had a chat. I found it quite hard to sleep as you have to sleep with the back of the bed quite high on your back as it helps with the wind pain as my left shoulder was achy. Plus the nurse came in about midnight to take my blood pressure which they did quite often. It is also painful to sleep on your side. I woke up early but couldn't get back off so got changed as I was being discharged at 7. The nurse came and gave me a jab and talked me through the discharge paperwork and what I needed to do after. My husband couldn't pick me up until 9.30 as you can't drive yourself and so I was given the chance to either wait in my room or reception & I chose reception as they were cleaning the other rooms so I guessed they wanted to do mine too.

All in all a good experience. I was called about 5 days after the op and then 4 weeks after. No complaints at all.

Hi Chopster
Thankyou for that information you have pit my mind at ease I have the same surgeon
As you had too :)
I'm really worried about one thing your gonna laugh when I tell you...
I smoke and there's no smoking grounds
What the heck am I meant to do haha
I go in the night before my op with living so far from the hospital hence the reason Iam
Going on my own :'(
Thankyou so much for explaining everything :D
Do you mind if I ask you how your post op weight loss is going?
Gail
Xxx

Thanks Kevin for that will defiantly look into that after surgery :)
Gail
X

Hi Gail,

I am a non smoker so can't help you there I'm afraid :(

My weight loss is going ok, lost 16.5 lbs so far. Was very hungry last week so had my first fill today so back on fluids. Put on a pound last week but was silly with food and did drink wine. This coming Thursday will be 5 weeks post op. Not as fast as some people but I haven't always been making the right food choices.

A tip Mr Sigurdsson gave me was to watch 8 golden rules by Paul O'brien as he bands right at the top of the stomach as in this set of clips on You Tube

The Chopster said:
A tip Mr Sigurdsson gave me was to watch 8 golden rules by Paul O'brien as he bands right at the top of the stomach as in this set of clips on You Tube

Thanks Chopster will watch it xx

The Chopster said:
Hi Gail,

I am a non smoker so can't help you there I'm afraid :(

My weight loss is going ok, lost 16.5 lbs so far. Was very hungry last week so had my first fill today so back on fluids. Put on a pound last week but was silly with food and did drink wine. This coming Thursday will be 5 weeks post op. Not as fast as some people but I haven't always been making the right food choices.

I would be extremely happy with your loss it's fantastic well done 5 weeks I hope I do so well xxx

Back