• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thg band and flying to and from op

loughpet

Hi all,

I am having my band done in Leeds next week . I am from Northern Ireland and will flying over and back myself.

Has anyone else done this ? How did you feel flying so soon after?

Also I am supposed to be having my op on Thurs morn and I was told to book my flight for Friday evening - I did this and now some people are saying that I will prob getting kicked out early the next morn !!

What will I do all day in Leeds, prob in pain if this happens !!
W

I had my Band done in Birmingham, I flew over from Dublin. Had the op on Monday 2.00pm stayed overnight in hosp. and flew home Tuesday evening. I was lucky I have a cousin in Birmingham so went to her from hosp for the few hours before the flight. I wasn't in any pain though, just very tired and looking forward to my own bed.The flight and journey home was fine .

Good luck with your surgery .

Hi hun isnt there any friends in Leeds that you could go to until the time of your flight, does anyone on this forum live in Leeds that would be kind enough to let you go to theres for a couple of hours until your flight time, if you were coming to my area id be more than happy to let you stay with me until the it was time to fly home on that day, if no1 can help then maybe a friend could come with you and book a room somewhere for a couple of days then at least you would have somewhere to rest til your flight home x

You know what your all so lovely on here !!

I rang the airline this evening and they said they have a flight at 2.30 (mine not to 6pm) If I am turfed out of the hospital early then I will just go to the airport and hope there is availability on the earlier flight.

Never flew with Jet2 before - hope they are ok.

x

good luck hun, I do hope someone will be with you x

Jet 2 are good. my friend flew with them just recently ( 3 weeks ago) & she had no probs x x good luck with ur op & speedy recovery

All the best - MeJulie x x

Oh I am so glad you have peace of mind that there is an earlier flight.

Hope you don't mind me asking but who is your surgeon? I am from N.Ireland too and would like a bypass...was meant to go to Chichester last year but fear of flying stopped me.

It seems nobody does the op in all of Ireland so need to go to the Mainland. Do you fly from City airport to Leeds? Was trying to figure out if I could take a ferry and have op done in Scotland....so fed up trying to figure it all out.

Wish you all the luck!

Back